Phantom 3 Pro - Control Remote and Aircraft problem
3025 21 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mxrcopinos
New

Ecuador

Hi there, i'm so desesperate to resolve this problem that i have with my Aircraft, hope you guys can help me to fix it.
I'm using my Phantom 3 Pro after 3 months. I updated the Control Remote, and from here, i started to have problems.
First it says a message at the DJI App: "RC Signal Lost". Here, I still have access to the camera of Aircraft, but not to Aircraft in total.
Well, i left it for the next day to solve it, so i uninstalled the app, and today i reinstalled the app. Here, i'm trying to setup the app connection to the aircraft and remote controller.
But the remote controller stays in red, and beeping, like a fire alarm. Control can't connect to the aircraft, it don't show me anything, just "How to connect". Aircraft stays in red too.

So... I can't connect the Remote Controller to my iPhone, and the Aircraft, and here's an picture that describes perfectly my problem:

2017-11-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Best to update everything again, then relink the remote.
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please try to reset the remote controller as below
a. Turn on the controller, and make sure the aircraft is off.
b. Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller and then turn the controller off.
c. Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Alternatively, you can refer the below and try to link RC without APP. Then you can connect with the APP and  check whether you can get the live video.
a. Hold C1, C2 and shutter button at the same time until the RC beeps;
b. Press the ISO dial for more than 2 seconds;
c. Click the linking button for several seconds, it will link soon.
2017-11-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If reinstalling the Go app, I often suggest, clearing the Internet cache and cookies.

Then reboot your device, and reinstall the app.

If you don't clear those Internet remnants, it may affect you getting the Go app to perform optimally. As in best.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. You say you haven't used your craft for 3 months? I assume that you fully charged your controller and Phantom batteries before starting.
You've updated your controller, but what about the Phantom? If the Phantom is at the most recent level, I suggest setting it to factory default in Assistant 2, and refreshing the firmware. I have a P4 and sometimes it takes TWO applications of firmware (update and then refresh) for all the modules to be activated.

When that's done, try as suggested and manually re-link. Instructions are here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-94343-1-1.html

Otherwise, what smartdevice are you using for DJI GO? Are you able to advise all software levels that appear in "About"?

Oh, and I can't see your photo. Can you re-add please.

[Edit: You've since PM'ed me directly seeking help. I'd suggest that you address comments and advice provided above to try to re-link your P3P, and post the outcomes here. That way others can see too, and are able to advise any other ideas also.]

2017-11-22
Use props
mxrcopinos
New

Ecuador

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-22 17:30
Hi. You say you haven't used your craft for 3 months? I assume that you fully charged your controller and Phantom batteries before starting.
You've updated your controller, but what about the Phantom? If the Phantom is at the most recent level, I suggest setting it to factory default in Assistant 2, and refreshing the firmware. I have a P4 and sometimes it takes TWO applications of firmware (update and then refresh) for all the modules to be activated.

Here’s the pic
2017-11-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Cool - thanks! The link light on the controller states it's not connected (red), which is what you've been struggling with. Have you tried the procedure in the video posted above?
2017-11-23
Use props
mxrcopinos
New

Ecuador

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-23 17:25
Cool - thanks! The link light on the controller states it's not connected (red), which is what you've been struggling with. Have you tried the procedure in the video posted above?

I tried to do the relink manually but nothing happens, still beeping like a fire alarm
2017-11-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mxrcopinos Posted at 2017-11-23 19:58
I tried to do the relink manually but nothing happens, still beeping like a fire alarm

Then I would suggest refreshing the firmware on your controller. Keeping the P3 powered off, plug your smartdevice into your controller, power power up controller, then run the DJI GO app. When the picture of a craft appears (irrelevant which, as the P3 is powered off), there's a "three lines" icon at top right of the screen. Press that down for about 10 seconds and release. You should then be presented with a list of firmware versions you can refresh your controller with. Select the most recent and let it update.
After successful update, power off the controller and then back up. Try to manually re-link controller and P3 (powered up) again.
At least, that's the process for the DJI GO 4 app - the GO 3 app should work the same.
2017-11-23
Use props
mxrcopinos
New

Ecuador

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-23 20:23
Then I would suggest refreshing the firmware on your controller. Keeping the P3 powered off, plug your smartdevice into your controller, power power up controller, then run the DJI GO app. When the picture of a craft appears (irrelevant which, as the P3 is powered off), there's a "three lines" icon at top right of the screen. Press that down for about 10 seconds and release. You should then be presented with a list of firmware versions you can refresh your controller with. Select the most recent and let it update.
After successful update, power off the controller and then back up. Try to manually re-link controller and P3 (powered up) again.
At least, that's the process for the DJI GO 4 app - the GO 3 app should work the same.

okay so i just relinked the Controller and Drone, now the problem is that the app screen is going connected and disconnected, how i can fix this?
89A79DED-FBEA-40E5-AF82-827383E19819.jpeg
2017-11-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mxrcopinos Posted at 2017-11-24 19:43
okay so i just relinked the Controller and Drone, now the problem is that the app screen is going connected and disconnected, how i can fix this?

What model iPad are you using? And your controller is still signalling that you’re disconnected (red), by the way. I’m surprised you’re getting anything on the screen.

Perhaps someone with a P3P can chime in. I’m running out of ideas, assuming that you did what I suggested and refreshed the firmware on your controller.
2017-11-24
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-21 19:38
If reinstalling the Go app, I often suggest, clearing the Internet cache and cookies.

Then reboot your device, and reinstall the app.

yea i always forget those pesky cookies.
2017-11-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

repairman Posted at 2017-11-24 21:46
yea i always forget those pesky cookies.

Yes, if they aren't chocolate chip, you must lose them. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-11-24
Use props
mxrcopinos
New

Ecuador

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-24 20:30
What model iPad are you using? And your controller is still signalling that you’re disconnected (red), by the way. I’m surprised you’re getting anything on the screen.

Perhaps someone with a P3P can chime in. I’m running out of ideas, assuming that you did what I suggested and refreshed the firmware on your controller.

It’s an iPad Pro, same problem with my iPhone X, and i know, the light on controller is red and changing green repetitively
2017-11-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I know the 8 is presenting problems, so the x is bound to be having them too.  Got another cable to try?
2017-11-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-25 10:57
I know the 8 is presenting problems, so the x is bound to be having them too.  Got another cable to try?

Hey, by all means, let’s try that. But the problem is between the controller and the p3a. They can’t maintain a successful link - the smart device and the app relies on that, but doesn’t cause it.
I still believe that you need to refresh both devices. The OP still hasn’t confirmed she’s done that yet.
Then re-link as per the video. Btw, can anyone confirm whether the controller and P3 communicate in the same way as the P4. My recollection is the the P3 series doesn’t use lightwave.
2017-11-25
Use props
mxrcopinos
New

Ecuador

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-25 13:16
Hey, by all means, let’s try that. But the problem is between the controller and the p3a. They can’t maintain a successful link - the smart device and the app relies on that, but doesn’t cause it.
I still believe that you need to refresh both devices. The OP still hasn’t confirmed she’s done that yet.
Then re-link as per the video. Btw, can anyone confirm whether the controller and P3 communicate in the same way as the P4. My recollection is the the P3 series doesn’t use lightwave.

Should i downgrade the phamtom 3? Or just refresh?
2017-11-25
Use props
mxrcopinos
New

Ecuador

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-25 10:57

I’m going to try
2017-11-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mxrcopinos Posted at 2017-11-25 14:12
Should i downgrade the phamtom 3? Or just refresh?

You shouldn’t need to downgrade. For the P3P, use Assistant 2 if you can (the controller not required here so turned off).  Refresh it once, set craft  to factory default, then refresh it a second time. Odd, I know - but sometimes it makes a difference.
For controller, use the GO 3 app and  press the “3 lines” icon at top right of the device screen for 10 secs and release - pick the most recent firmware and let it go. Make sure your P3A is turned off while upgrading controller ( it’s not required for the step).
Power each down after successful installation.
Power controller up, then craft, and do a manual re-link as per the video.
I hope that works.
2017-11-25
Use props
mxrcopinos
New

Ecuador

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-25 14:45
You shouldn’t need to downgrade. For the P3P, use Assistant 2 if you can (the controller not required here so turned off).  Refresh it once, set craft  to factory default, then refresh it a second time. Odd, I know - but sometimes it makes a difference.
For controller, use the GO 3 app and  press the “3 lines” icon at top right of the device screen for 10 secs and release - pick the most recent firmware and let it go. Make sure your P3A is turned off while upgrading controller ( it’s not required for the step).
Power each down after successful installation.

So i just installed Assistant 2, but when  i connect my drone to the computer, nothing happens...
2017-11-27
Use props
mxrcopinos
New

Ecuador

mxrcopinos Posted at 2017-11-27 14:32
So i just installed Assistant 2, but when  i connect my drone to the computer, nothing happens...

I just upgraded my controller... but how i can set factory  default to the drone if i can’t connect it to asst 2?
2017-11-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mxrcopinos Posted at 2017-11-27 14:32

Are you using a PC or a Mac? Regardless, if Assistant 2 is installed correctly, you don't have any virus/firewall software getting in the way, you have a sound cable connecting the PC USB port to the micro USB port on the P3A, and the P3A has successfully powered up, then your PC should be able to see the P3A. If not, I have to assume there's a hardware issue.

Sorry, but I can't help beyond that.
2017-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules