[Help] Flying Spark Indoors
5619 9 2017-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa648f4c7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7198 ft
Canada

My friend has asked me to fly my spark for an event in two days and record a simple skit indoors.

I am having issues flying my drone indoors though, as sometimes it locks to too little GPS says and starts flying awkwardly. I have blade guards and can fly in ATTI very well, but I was wondering if there is any way to make this work better. I am aware I cannot force ATTI mode.

I assume the little GPS signal is either due to the large amount of metal nearby, a lot of wifi interference and etc...

Is there any way to make my experience a little better? A little safer?
2017-11-21
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

Indoor flying does not need GPS. It is totally use vision positioning. Set RTH to current altitude. RTH is not functioning anyway. You can get compass error very easy caused by the wifi router. So you should switch off all router in the room. Moreover, the furniture such as couch, chair, table may effect the relative altitude. Try test flying over the furniture to see how Spark behave. Good luck.
2017-11-21
Use props
Ncookie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7198 ft
Canada

Supong Posted at 2017-11-21 17:24
Indoor flying does not need GPS. It is totally use vision positioning. Set RTH to current altitude. RTH is not functioning anyway. You can get compass error very easy caused by the wifi router. So you should switch off all router in the room. Moreover, the furniture such as couch, chair, table may effect the relative altitude. Try test flying over the furniture to see how Spark behave. Good luck.

Thanks. Although I can:t really turn off all routers since it is not my building and people working will need them. If it does not use GPS, why does my drone hover in random directions? Is there any way to activate this vision-only mode manually?
2017-11-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Ncookie Posted at 2017-11-21 17:58
Thanks. Although I can:t really turn off all routers since it is not my building and people working will need them. If it does not use GPS, why does my drone hover in random directions? Is there any way to activate this vision-only mode manually?

My guess the ground is to homogen for the vision system.
If I understand skid indoor right, it is kind of snow, so on top of nothing, it is kind of a white noise nothing.
I would try tripod mode, if only the perspective from under the roof is the goal but not quick moves or panning shots.
2017-11-21
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

According to the specification, the vision positioning accuracy is +/- 0.1 m. vertically and +/- 0.3 m. horizontally. no wind condition.
2017-11-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Supong Posted at 2017-11-21 20:28
According to the specification, the vision positioning accuracy is +/- 0.1 m. vertically and +/- 0.3 m. horizontally. no wind condition.

But only, if the vision sees something which it can compare to left/right/front/back moving
If it is to dark or the ground to homogenous, it fails to see movement
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Ncookie Posted at 2017-11-21 17:58

Flying indoor will add difficulty in hovering in place. Please reduce the interference which affects the vision system. I would recommend you use propeller guards to avoid crash.
3D.png
2017-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Supong Posted at 2017-11-21 20:28

VPS needs very good light and a good textured flooring to work. Gps is hopping in and out because signal is being blocked because your inside.
You need to be in opti mode if your spark goes into gps then nothing will change, if it enters Atti mode all movements will be quick and its own propulsion will continually move your spark fast in the direction your pushing the sticks, so Atti is not the mode to be using indoors, and only use indoors if your area is big enough with plenty of space.
Remember also to have your RTH set correctly for indoors. If you have a lot of WiFi metal objects around you are going to get compass problems, my advice don’t fly in this environment, go outside.
2017-11-22
Use props
fans0d323f90
lvl.1
Malaysia

id suggest you fly it in a well lighted room.

secondly, place an object below the spark(as a takeoff platform) preferably some thing with is easily distinguishable by the VPS, ie a pizza box or what ever it may be as long as its not white/black or glossy surface.
then you can move the pizza box around to position the spark.

as to my knowledge, the GPS has got no effect to flying indoors.(in positioning the spark and not drifting around)

hope my two cents helps.
2017-11-22
Use props
DOWSETT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392234 ft
United States

Turn off sensor avoidance, and use prop guards.
2017-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules