Demographic
1952 29 2015-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Curious to the average demographic of this Forum. I have a feeling it is a big bag of mixed nuts.

I would venture a bet that the majority are in the 40-60 year old range (that would explain all the preaching)

Then there seems to be about 4 different crowds.
1) cinematographers (photograper,videographer)
2) aviators (flyboys, and avid RC guys)
3) geeks (the guys that love to tinker)
4) amatures that bought the wrong bird and now regret not waiting for the P3...

I am a 45 year old cinematographer. What are you?
2015-4-12
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

I'm a 22 year old cinematographer
2015-4-12
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-4-13 07:41
I'm a 22 year old cinematographer

Thanks for participating! Are you enjoying the Inspire as an addition to your toolbox? My satisfaction with it is growing as I use it more.
2015-4-12
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

I love the Inspire!!! I am still training with it since it is pretty different than other copters I have flown! It did have a mishap of drifting and acting strangely in GPS mode and then crashing, but DJI fixed the unit under warranty for me. They treated me very nicely. Even though the month turnaround time was difficult I am happy that the bird is fixed. The footage I shot with it before the crash was phenomenal. Currently I am grounding the craft until the new update comes out. That's when the Inspire will INSPIRE!!!
2015-4-12
Use props
mrtorbert
New
Flight distance : 96404 ft
United States

I’m pretty much all of the above, except for 4 I’m an amateur who doesn’t regret buying the I1, and will still buy the P3 as well.
2015-4-12
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mrtorbert Posted at 2015-4-13 08:59
I’m pretty much all of the above, except for 4 I’m an amateur who doesn’t regret buying the I1, a ...

Agreed. I am going to wait to purchase the P3 but I will be getting one. will be nice to have a grab and go solution.
2015-4-12
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

31, aerial photography and cinematography. Have my first shoot with the Inspire in May for a series.  I just like to share that the production company had Phantom experience and found the machine was not suitable and after my demo felt the Inspire to be far more stable a platform for professional work! Just putting that out there for people upset thinking they were ripped off or whatever with the P3 debut.
2015-4-12
Use props
mrtorbert
New
Flight distance : 96404 ft
United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-13 09:05
Agreed. I am going to wait to purchase the P3 but I will be getting one. will be nice to have a gr ...

I love the Inspire, and don't regret it at all (it's a different product than the P3). I agree with you 100% about the P3. I love having a "grab and go" quad.
2015-4-15
Use props
Mbarnidge
lvl.2

United States

37, and 1-3 though not a professional just a hobbyist. Love my inspire. Flew a p2 about a year. No comparison in flight capability.
2015-4-15
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

53 flyboy
2015-4-15
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

Somewhat similar to Mbarnidge. I'm 37. Just a hobbyist. This is my first quad. Love it. Don't regret my purchase, but do wish our bird had some of the other features seen on the P3 and that other bird that was just announced from some other company. Still love my Inspire though. Hopefully I can keep this one in the air until I can save up for a hopefully inevitable Inspire 2.
2015-4-15
Use props
DJeff1
lvl.2

United States

I am 43 here and I am a GIS Coordinator/Mapper. Hobby and perhaps incorporating into profession.
2015-4-15
Use props
bobbymanson
lvl.2

United States

I'm 59 and fit the first three categories.
2015-4-15
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

61 Hobbyist /amateur videographer , I've worked over 25 yrs in the film industry (not in camera). My wife and I plan to travel parts of Canada this summer and play with the I1, her on the camera and me flying the bird and havin a lot have fun doing it!!!!! I DO NOT regret, not waiting for the P3, it's a hi-tech toy that does some tricks with a gopro. Lovin my I1
2015-4-15
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

42  hobbyist photographer - cinematographer. Extremely happy with inspire 1.
2015-4-15
Use props
doug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1897198 ft
United States

48. Commercial Photog (25+ yrs). Cut my teeth on a P2 and love my I1! Shoot a lot of aerials with other aircraft (but up til now R22's and Bell Jet Rangers). Adding film/video to my toolbox mostly for clients like this. dbp.SE.040815-88fb.jpg
2015-4-15
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

45. Commercial Construction Project Manager. The company bought a Phantom 2 Vision last year for progress videos and photos and I caught the bug. Bought the Inspire 1 and love it. I have ordered the Phantom 3 and plan to start a side business with my better half utilizing both platforms.
2015-4-15
Use props
giero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7357333 ft
  • >>>
Poland

31 cinematographer
2015-4-15
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

31 IT consultant.  I bought the inspire, cause I think drone monitoring is the future. I work in large construction company, mostly highways. I want to monitor bridges, construction sites and others with it. I did pass the exams required in my country to fly legally, now waiting for a permission from the ministry of defense sooo I can start to make money with it.. Finally!
2015-4-15
Use props
Aerographis
lvl.2

United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-13 09:05
Agreed. I am going to wait to purchase the P3 but I will be getting one. will be nice to have a gr ...

That's exactly what DJI was hoping you'd say. Why sell one when you can sell 2?
2015-4-15
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aerographis Posted at 2015-4-16 06:11
That's exactly what DJI was hoping you'd say. Why sell one when you can sell 2?

I don't have a problem saying it. Canon makes more than one product that I own. Different tools for different jobs... I have 2 inspires and I love them. Even more so after this last update. Just flew it around and the things that were giving me issues seem to have been addressed (based on one short flight...). Does DJI have issues? Hell yes it does... thus I will be waiting on the next purchase from them. Let them work out some issues... I would be willing to bet that the 3d offering will have even more issues. Time will tell...
2015-4-15
Use props
Aerographis
lvl.2

United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-16 06:50
I don't have a problem saying it. Canon makes more than one product that I own. Different tools fo ...

I'm not having an issue with bugs, I'm having issues with features that were originally promised. IMHO, including the features that were supposed to be on the I1 should be there now. We all know which ones they are, so I'm not going to go there.

And it's great you can afford to purchase whatever fliers you want. Some of us would just like to see promises kept.
2015-4-15
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm 62, not retired, amateur #2, and certainly #3.
2015-5-2
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Im 61 ...Old enough to know better and Young enough to do it Again...Preachy??? HeXX YES...
2015-5-29
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Yes 1, amateur videographer for sure.... 2, 3, I'm 60 but stuck in my 20s and having a blast with my phantoms and the inspire,  flown rc on and off for around 40 years.  
The photo with bunny grass included as I had the camera set to vivid again, this was a practice fire our local fire dept allowed me to film.
image.jpg
2015-5-31
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

doug@nowpicture Posted at 2015-4-16 04:45
48. Commercial Photog (25+ yrs). Cut my teeth on a P2 and love my I1! Shoot a lot of aerials with ot ...

Nice photo , was it taken in Washington state ?
2015-5-31
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

55 year old cinematographer, private pilot, long-ago R/C hobbiest, own a production company and teach TV/film production at the college level.  Have had no bad Inspire experiences but certainly have concerns about reported failures, repair times and the fact that the only repair center is on the opposite coast (when we bought, it was from an East Coast dealer that was a regional DJI repair center and anticipated working on Inspires).
2015-5-31
Use props
doug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1897198 ft
United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-6-1 05:33
Nice photo , was it taken in Washington state ?

Thanks daver/m! It's southern Utah.
2015-5-31
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

doug@nowpicture Posted at 2015-6-1 06:11
Thanks daver/m! It's southern Utah.

Utah then , looks a lot like the wind farms along the Columbia river in Washington state ...
2015-5-31
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

all of the above except the regretts
2015-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules