Gimbal Motor Overload - only 5 flights !
1060 6 2017-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ntDiBdF
New

Panama

I see this appears to be a common problem, I'm barely out of beginner mode and my gimbal won't function!

As I'm in the UK I have 30 days in which to return the product. Looking at the fixes on here it seems this is a serious issue that there doesn't seem to be a ready solution for?

I don't think a repair after so few flights is reasonable, seems a real reliability issue and not something I should have to endure?
2017-11-22
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Well, I understand your way of thinking. You are disappointed, but you do have warranty for a reason, this can happen..
I like to think that most Mavics fly without problems, you can also find posts on this forum about people  that have many flights and never an issue.
If you report your problem within 2 weeks after receiving the drone, you'll get a new one. After that, DJI will repair or replace.
Do not worry about a fix, it will be fixed
**forgot to ask, have you checked those 3 tabs
2017-11-22
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

Perhaps you've already tried what I'm about to say and it may seem too basic, but I have experienced the same issue a few times. My simple, and basic checklist solved that issue for me every time:
Have you checked that you did remove the gimbal clamp? (I'm sure you did do this in the past in beginner mode)
Have you checked if the gimbal is able to move freely, without hitting anything that may be on the ground (like stones, grass, etc.)?
Have you tried turning the drone itself off and on?

If the Mavic is not broken, the gimbal clamp is removed, and the gimbal can move freely then a restart should fix it most of the time.

Again, it may seem too basic, and it's not meant to insult you. I too have forgotten the gimbal clamp once or twice, experienced high grass, and experienced another silly things I could have prevented. I just hope it helps!
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the help above. Also, please check whether the vibration absorbing board had mounted right. Below is the tutorial video, manage a check if it is needed. Besides, try to restart the drone several times and refresh the firmware if needed. If the issue persists, please send it back and we will help to take care of it.

2017-11-23
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear djiuser_ntDiBdF

I know what you are feeling. I walked this path before.
Send your drone to guarantee.
At least you can!
This issue is the witch that maculates the Mavic Pro.
Unfortunately.
2017-11-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope everything gets sorted out especially been so new.
2017-11-23
Use props
djiuser_Y9FHhno
New
Flight distance : 367598 ft
Hong Kong

I had exact the same Gimbal Overload problem on my Mavic one week after purchase, then I brought it to the DJI repair shop. The shop confirmed a gimbal problem and I got a refurbished one on the following day. Although the service is good, I'm not too happy to exchange my new Mavic with a refurbished unit.
2017-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules