Osmo+ Image Quality - Somethings not right :(
3926 22 2017-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BevanL
lvl.1
Australia

Hi All,

I purchased a OSMO+ 2 weeks ago and have been playing with it.. I have noticed that something is up with the image quality. Anything I film, or any photos I take, look like it was shot on 360p, the image isnt sharp or crisp.. image has blurs in them....

I have attached an image of what I mean. All the settings are correct as far as i can tell on the on OSMO+ (4k30, highest resolution etc etc) but the image quality is still poor..

Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on???

Cheers,
Bevan
DJIPANO_1266054980.jpg
2017-11-22
Use props
cat824
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48114 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Are you tapping to focus or was that shot with focus @infinity?
2017-11-22
Use props
BevanL
lvl.1
Australia

cat824 Posted at 2017-11-22 18:04
Are you tapping to focus or was that shot with focus @infinity?

have tried both methods
2017-11-22
Use props
cat824
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48114 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I think a recent FW version introduced the lens calibration function to the Osmo+. You could give that a try to see if it improves things I guess.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bevan, like Cat824 suggested, please try to calibrate the lens in the APP.
If the problem persists, please upload original pictures or footage clips to Dropbox or Google Driver for analysis, thank you.
2017-11-22
Use props
BevanL
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-22 22:17
If the problem persists, please upload original pictures or footage clips to Dropbox or Google Driver for analysis, thank you.

Thanks Mindy, I will perform the calibration and take some shots outside once its daylight again, and report back
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BevanL Posted at 2017-11-23 02:03
Thanks Mindy, I will perform the calibration and take some shots outside once its daylight again, and report back

No problem, hope it works.
2017-11-23
Use props
j.jwilsondesign
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-22 22:17

Mindy, I would like to try the camera calibration but it does not appear under the camera settings. I upgraded a couple weeks ago after seeing a notification. Where can I find what firmware release I have?
2017-11-26
Use props
j.jwilsondesign
lvl.1
United States

j.jwilsondesign Posted at 2017-11-26 13:19
Mindy, I would like to try the camera calibration but it does not appear under the camera settings. I upgraded a couple weeks ago after seeing a notification. Where can I find what firmware release I have?

I checked and I DO have the latest release 1.6.1 but no camera calibration
2017-11-26
Use props
j.jwilsondesign
lvl.1
United States

j.jwilsondesign Posted at 2017-11-26 15:49
I checked and I DO have the latest release 1.6.1 but no camera calibration

never mind, I found it
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OK, glad to know you found it, please let us know if it helps.
2017-11-27
Use props
j.jwilsondesign
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-27 00:58
OK, glad to know you found it, please let us know if it helps.

I tried to post this message as a new thread, but can't do it for some reason.

Osmo's video quality is excellent but the stills have a noticible soft focus, vrtually unusable. It would be better to take a screen shot from the video.
Why would this be if it's using the same lens and the same sensor?
Is this normal or am I missing something?
2017-11-27
Use props
j.jwilsondesign
lvl.1
United States

j.jwilsondesign Posted at 2017-11-27 11:47
I tried to post this message as a new thread, but can't do it for some reason.

Osmo's video quality is excellent but the stills have a noticible soft focus, vrtually unusable. It would be better to take a screen shot from the video.

The above poor quality was AFTER lens calibration
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

j.jwilsondesign Posted at 2017-11-28 12:58
The above poor quality was AFTER lens calibration

The effective pixels of Osmo+ is 12.40M, and the resolution cannot be selected.
Could you please upload several original pictures to Dropbox or Googles Driver and post the link here? We will help to check if the pictures are normal, thank you.
2017-11-30
Use props
Skipper24
lvl.2
United States

I had the same issue here are the sample photos of my OSMO plus

2017-11-30
Use props
Papaulo.martins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2141201 ft
Brazil

I'm suffering with this defect for a few months and DJI is late with the solution ... osmo + is on sale in the market with this defect ... until when?
2017-12-1
Use props
j.jwilsondesign
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-30 06:15
The effective pixels of Osmo+ is 12.40M, and the resolution cannot be selected.
Could you please upload several original pictures to Dropbox or Googles Driver and post the link here? We will help to check if the pictures are normal, thank you.

dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9gycs ... gX371jDp3no8pa?dl=0
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

j.jwilsondesign Posted at 2017-12-15 11:10
dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9gycsp71brzjt5r/AAAn7NLm_VTgX371jDp3no8pa?dl=0

Hello Sir, just to verify, are auto focus and manual focus working correctly or not?
Please try auto exposure in camera settings, when use AF, please press the screen to focus the object to see if the quality of image will get improved.
2017-12-16
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

I purchased a new Osmo+about a week ago and I'm surprised how little documentation is available from DJI. I've picked up a few things from this forum and also youtube but I'm disappointed that such an expensive item requires the user to execute so many time consuming searches. With the limited time I can devote to learning it will be months before I will feel comfortable that I'm fully utilizing the products capabilities. It seems to be a well designed and fully functional product but DJI really dropped the ball on education. For this reason, I would not recommend the Osmo to anyone else.
2017-12-17
Use props
j.jwilsondesign
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-16 23:05
Hello Sir, just to verify, are auto focus and manual focus working correctly or not?
Please try auto exposure in camera settings, when use AF, please press the screen to focus the object to see if the quality of image will get improved.

Yes, I am aware of the AF. I have taken multiple still test images and they are all soft enough to be unusable.
So this makes the panorama feature useless. It also affects the timelapse feature which, I just found out is only rendered out to 720p, not 1080 or 4k...which might be ok if the image quality was there.

So, can you tell me is my unit defective, or is this as good as it gets?

2017-12-18
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

j.jwilsondesign Posted at 2017-12-18 09:22
Yes, I am aware of the AF. I have taken multiple still test images and they are all soft enough to be unusable.
So this makes the panorama feature useless. It also affects the timelapse feature which, I just found out is only rendered out to 720p, not 1080 or 4k...which might be ok if the image quality was there.

I’m also having issues.  But I can tell you that you CAN get a 4K timelapse, you just have to jump few a couple of hoops.  I made a video tutorial for how to do it, I apologize for the crappy audio, I had my gain set way too high.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Fe13TpUPI
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

j.jwilsondesign Posted at 2017-12-18 09:22
So this makes the panorama feature useless. It also affects the timelapse feature which, I just found out is only rendered out to 720p, not 1080 or 4k...which might be ok if the image quality was there.

Sorry for the late response, I have transferred the pictures to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated once I hear from them, thanks for the patience.
2017-12-20
Use props
rbrionezjr88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3888 ft

I just bought the Osmo+ yesterday and I'm noticing the poor image quality. I have NOT calibalrated the lens yet so this is straight out of the box image.
org_650a08e1afd9a6ea_1531274348000.jpg
2018-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules