454 3 2017-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bandits 3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240676 ft
United States

Hello the Group,
I'm about to purchase another AC and need some experienced direction/info.

I've read most of the past posts comparing the merits between the P3A and P3P and for my purpose the P3A won out.
Now  after reading a lot of the posts, groans, rants and raves about the  firmware upgrades I'm at a loss for information on the difference,  merits or avoidance's (if any) in the firmware (AC and RC) between the  two.
Any "hands on" experience and opinions would be helpful and appreciated.

I've been flying muti rotor's for about 5 years, the P3S's and Yuneec for 2+ years and the Hubsan 501SS as a trainer.
All  Casual flying mostly at beaches, lakes, dams and large bodies of water  for photo and video. The 2.7K video quality is plenty for my needs.

Thanks in advance,
Randy
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Bandits, the difference between P3A and P3P is its cameras. The camera of PSP is 4k quality while P3A is 2.7k quality. Hope the info can help you. Please feel free to ask more questions.
2017-11-22
Use props
Bandits 3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240676 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-22 20:06
Bandits, the difference between P3A and P3P is its cameras. The camera of PSP is 4k quality while P3A is 2.7k quality. Hope the info can help you. Please feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks Elektra,
I had decided that the camera was the main difference but my concern or need for input is about the AC and RC firmware differences if any. I've decided to remain at my old stable firmware level on the P3S's and just couldn't find any solid info on the differences for the P3P and P3A controller firmware. Thanks for confirming the only hardware difference is 4k.
That will save a few bucks.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Bandits 3 Posted at 2017-11-22 20:12
Thanks Elektra,
I had decided that the camera was the main difference but my concern or need for input is about the AC and RC firmware differences if any. I've decided to remain at my old stable firmware level on the P3S's and just couldn't find any solid info on the differences for the P3P and P3A controller firmware. Thanks for confirming the only hardware difference is 4k.
That will save a few bucks.

You are welcome. I would recommend you upgrade the correct firmware in case of any error.
2017-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules