Firmware Upgrade - Each Battery??
1271 8 2017-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pollmuller
lvl.1

Canada

I watched the tutorial on the firmware upgrade and it mentions that it also upgrades the smart battery. I have more than one battery; should I run the upgrade and then switch out the battery and run it again?

Erika P.

Inspire 1 Pro
Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.11.1.50
2017-11-23
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

If you read the firmware release notes, it will say if there is anything concerning the batteries or not.

2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The method in your post is right, if the APP requires to update battery, please update like that.
But the battery hasn't been updated for a very long time.
2017-11-23
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

pollmuller, Yes you should update EVERY battery. Safety First! Ken.
2017-11-24
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Guernsey

Highasakite Posted at 2017-11-24 11:39
pollmuller, Yes you should update EVERY battery. Safety First!  Ken.

Ken,
Only when there is an update for the battery, if not, pretty fruitless...

Mark G.
2017-11-24
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the batteries require updating, inserting each battery one after the other will get that done for you. Batteries have not been updated in quite awhile.
2017-11-24
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Mark, #1 look at pollmuller's Pilot lvl.1. #2 Read what she said. #3 look at her question. That is why I gave the answer that I did, she has more than one battery! I don't know what tutorial she watched, but ANY time an update says "smart battery update" you must do them all as a rule! If she plugs them into the aircraft and she hears the DDD..DDD she knows the battery is in fact updating. If she hears no DDD the battery has already been updated, or it was not required. But yes she needs to also learn to read the update does also. Cheers, Ken. Hope this helps lvl.1
2017-11-24
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Highasakite Posted at 2017-11-24 13:54
Mark, #1 look at pollmuller's Pilot lvl.1. #2 Read what she said. #3 look at her question. That is why I gave the answer that I did, she has more than one battery! I don't know what tutorial she watched, but ANY time an update says "smart battery update" you must do them all as a rule! If she plugs them into the aircraft and she hears the DDD..DDD she knows the battery is in fact updating. If she hears no DDD the battery has already been updated, or it was not required. But yes she needs to also learn to read the update does also. Cheers, Ken. Hope this helps lvl.1

Hi Ken,
Wow! Not sure where that was coming from. The only reason I gave that answer is, I was under the impression that if there was no update for the batteries then the batteries would not need updating and that there is information on what is included in the updates in the release notes but thanks for putting me in my place. Wow.

I'm glad you've got my back.  

Mark G.
2017-11-26
Use props
fansa734504c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25906 ft
India

Problem with x5 gimbal connect with inspire 1 no image massage and gimbal not connected
Gimbal green and red show
But put the SD card light is not Work
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules