694 3 2017-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HardRockClimbin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 625157 ft
France

Hi ,

This is the third time, i still can't make an homepoint me.
I found and alternative using HomeLock.

But, i would like to use this function and understand why it doesn't work.
My screen control is an Huawei Mediapad M3, 8.4 inch connected on usb port on the RC.

The tablet is linked to my phone on wi-fi.
So it has access to internet database.
For example i tried to record homepoint me, it said impossible, signal GPS WEAK.

After this information, i close DJI Go (latest version installed today and latest firmware on the Mavic Pro), and use google; Trailforks, GPS viewer : It works perfectly and nearly instantly quicker than my garmin GPS.
I've read yu must appair GPS garmin with the phone/tablet....

Do i miss something in the procedure ?

Many thanks

2017-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not 100% sure what your problem is , but I will take a stab at it.
When taking off you don’t have enough gps to record homepoint, if this is the case then you need sufficient gps signal to record homepoint like 12 satellites, you must always wait for your gps to locate minimum of 12 satellites, you are taking a risk if you don’t have minimum 12.
You don’t need WiFi to fly so you don’t need your tablet to be connected by hotspot to your phone.
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Does the issue remain if you change to another recommended mobile? Generally, the mobile GPS is borrowed when refreshing the home point.
2017-11-25
Use props
HardRockClimbin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 625157 ft
France

Hi,

Here is the last news after a week end flying.

I didn't try to change mobile.
I've tried to use another GPS appli  works perfect.

Also : One more element to helping yu perhaps,  when i Start DJI go, it localise me immediatly on the maps (i've downloaded offline maps).
And show me the flight route.

I tried also the localisation without  the remote and MAvic pro shutted off, just to see if the appli DJI works fine.

I didn't try on Litchi, because i don't have it. I don't want to break the guaranty in case of problem.

So why it says Weak mobile GPS ????

My Tablet is brand new.
Works perfect at all.
2017-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules