Unauthorized use of DJI Care Refresh?
1484 14 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rik
lvl.1
United States

Hello everyone,

First time poster here (been having too much fun flying to post).  So I crashed my Mavic Pro today, totally my fault, but I thought "no worries, things happen, I have DJI Care Refresh, I'll get a replacement."  I log on to start the repair process, click on the Express replacement option, and enter my serial number.  "This serial number is not bound to a DJI Care Refresh policy."  Huh?  I got on to look at my DJI Refresh policy history and it turns out that someone apparently used my DJI Care Refresh about a month ago... to replace the drone that is IN MY HAND and which has never been crashed.  

Has anyone had this experience before?  I'm not really sure how to proceed because it's saying that my current drone's serial number has been sent in for a repair claim and replaced.  Is there any way to see where this other replacement drone was shipped?

Thanks everyone,

Rik

2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Rik, could you please provide me with your serial number and a pic of the drone's battery slot? I would like to check more info about this.
2017-11-25
Use props
Rik
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-25 18:33
Rik, could you please provide me with your serial number and a pic of the drone's battery slot? I would like to check more info about this.

DJIThor, I'm looking once again at my serial number and the one referenced on my agreement and the one on the Care Refresh agreement appears to be off by one digit, the last one.  The number referenced on my agreement is 08QDDCE01201C8, but my Mavic is 08QDDCE01201C6...  Not sure how this happened, what should I do?  Here's a pic...
2017-11-26
Use props
Rik
lvl.1
United States

Correct serial...
5250A75D-3D87-4B8B-AFEE-1883AE262066.jpeg
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Rik, with the serial number you provided, it hasn't been bound to any DJI Care Refresh, do you have the agreement number and the order number when you purchased DJI Care Refresh? no record.png
2017-11-26
Use props
Rik
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-26 18:24
With the serial number you provided, it hasn't been bounded to any DJI Care Refresh, do you have the agreement number and the order number when you purchased DJI Care Refresh?[view_image]

Thanks Mindy.  Here's the agreement number (ZGXJR4L5WYPDMVBI) and it's in my name (James Stevens).  I purchased a DJI Care Refresh code from an authorized dealer on January 5, 2017 and activated it on January 6.  
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rik Posted at 2017-11-26 22:05
Thanks Mindy.  Here's the agreement number (ZGXJR4L5WYPDMVBI) and it's in my name (James Stevens).  I purchased a DJI Care Refresh code from an authorized dealer on January 5, 2017 and activated it on January 6.

Rik, thanks for the quick update.
If you bought DJI Care Refresh from you dealer, it is possible they were bounded to the wrong serial number.
The DJI Care Refresh was activated by you or your dealer?
2017-11-27
Use props
Rik
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Mindy.  I’m pretty sure that I’m the one who entered the number, I guess incorrectly.  What should I do?  
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rik Posted at 2017-11-27 17:04
Thanks Mindy.  I’m pretty sure that I’m the one who entered the number, I guess incorrectly.  What should I do?

Please send email to djicare@dji.com for further assistance, the team will help you out, thank you.
2017-11-28
Use props
djiuser_Xwva8Up
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29639 ft
Belgium

This is a strange story... but apparently not the only one who has this difference between aircraft SN and DJI Care refresh number.
My aircraft SN ends with D and the DJI Care refresh number ends with 0
That's the only difference...
Here also the last digit is different.
And yes I activated myself the DJI Care Refresh service and also pretty sure I didn't made any error when typing the number in.

I just crashed my aircraft, and it's now on the way to repair center in the Netherlands.
I hope they will not refuse the replacement of my sparky due to this difference.
This is the case number:  CAS-1256708-B5Q3L1
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_Xwva8Up Posted at 2017-11-30 11:07
This is a strange story... but apparently not the only one who has this difference between aircraft SN and DJI Care refresh number.
My aircraft SN ends with D and the DJI Care refresh number ends with 0
That's the only difference...

Hi there, when I checked your serial number which ends with D, there are 2 remaining times for using DJI Care Refresh. So no worries. And your case is ongoing, please wait patiently. Hope you can receive your drone soon.
2017-11-30
Use props
djiuser_Xwva8Up
lvl.1
Belgium

Thx Thor,

I was just curious to see where these differences in SN came from.
Meanwhile received an email from DJI support with the message "Your replacement product will be shipped out soon".
So apparently no problem for these "shifting" digit.

Kind regards
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Xwva8Up Posted at 2017-11-30 23:21
Thx Thor,

I was just curious to see where these differences in SN came from.

Sir, could you offer the screenshots of different SNs for better assistance? As for the case you mentioned, yes, the package has been shipped and the DJI Care Refresh has been shifted to the replacement successfully.
2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_Xwva8Up
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-1 19:43
Sir, could you offer the screenshots of different SNs for better assistance? As for the case you mentioned, yes, the package has been shipped and the DJI Care Refresh has been shifted to the replacement successfully.

Dear Susan,

Sorry, but you should contact DJI Support in the Netherlands because I did send them the sparky for replacement under the DJI Care Refresh contract.
This was the spark with 1 digit SN different then the SN on the DJI Refresh contract.
Meanwhile, a replacement Spark is on the way ... expecting it to arrive this Monday.So no worries anymore for me.

Kind regards.

2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Xwva8Up Posted at 2017-12-2 09:31
Dear Susan,

Sorry, but you should contact DJI Support in the Netherlands because I did send them the sparky for replacement under the DJI Care Refresh contract.

Hello, Sir, from the serial number in the case, it is end with ''D'', but we could not check the details in your Agreement Service Form, we would appreciate if you could provide us the screenshot of the form, we will help to verify, thanks for the understanding.
2017-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules