640 1 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vantage air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114872 ft
Australia

Hi DJI Support

Could you please make the latest beta available please - would actually be an idea to make it available to all forum users in Phantom 4 forum - would save you a lot of requests.

The disaster of the latest firmware update and many many users having the RC 'bricked' - and then to have your support basically simply request the AC and RC be returned to service centre when this is not required is support at its worst. Please listen to the many threads on here. Some terrific work by your user base as sorted out (in most cases) how a user can get their 'bricked' RC back online. But one needed to dig deep in these forums to find the answer.

How about you have a thread 'pinned' to the top here titled 'DJI SUpport - Latest Firmware issues and workarounds' - then pick out the best of all the solutions and make a FAQ inside the thread. It would save you a lot of grief'

Then add to the thread that DJI Support is listening and this is what we are doing about it - We have a current beta available that we believe addresses a lot of the known issues. If you use your DJI Assistant 2 and connect to your AC the beta firmware will be available to install. Also you will need RC firmware version 1.x.xxx

Honestly is surprises me at how simply you could help you user base here and help stop a growing loud set of voices damaging DJI reputation.

Happy to help if I can as I really do enjoy the P4 (or I did until the latest firmware - I only installed it yesterday). A little proactive support would save a lot of grief.

For anyone that got this far on this - I recovered my 'bricked' RC after the update to latest firmware failed by downloading the P3 Go App - using the secret app firmware dialog (long hold on the menu icon (top right) on the main app page) - downgrading the RC to 1.6 then upgrading again to 1.8 then to 1.9.3 - then delete P3 Go App and use the latest Go App.

Can you please push the beta to my darrenahunter@gmail.com account

thank you
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for bringing us the attention, glad that you recovered the RC at the end, I will also forward your advice to the related department.
But for the beta you requested, it is only for solving the flying aggressive or recording issue, if your drone doesn't seem to have the two issues, you don't need to update to the beta. However, if you insist, you can update it, and I will help to forward you the beta. Please let me know your thought. Thanks.
2017-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules