CrystalSky Bug???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy Post
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842283 ft
United States

Have updated to all current firmware on I2, X7s, both controllers, batteries, and my socks.  Have updated app on both iPad and Crystal Sky.  Out flying today and on the crystalSky I cannot tell when recording is running.  I can start, and stop once or twice either by the icon on the crystalSky Go4 app or with the button on the gimbal controller.  After that, the screen on the CS continues to tell me that I'm recording AND continues to display an ongoing recording time even when it is not recording.  Sometimes the icon will even turn to the solid red "not recording" then will spontaneously return to the small square "recording" Icon.  

IF I swipe to make the camera image full screen, eliminating the problem icon, then it sort of works as I"ll see the time counter stop.  But If I stop recording say at 5 minutes, wait a minute and then start recording again, the counter will START at 6 minutes instead of starting at Zero.  It's like I hit PAUSE instead of STOP.  

So basically the one thing this $9,000 machine is designed to do, I can't be certain if it's really doing it.  

Unless I consult the pilot who has an accurately reporting icon on his ipad.  So I'm assuming this is a crystal sky problem.  

Anyone else have this happen and know of a fix or work around?
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Andy, just to verify, recording mode works normally when connect to mobile device, right?
If so, have you tried to reset CyrstalSky to the factory default in Settings?
2017-11-26
Use props
Jaan Kronberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25054951 ft
  • >>>
Estonia

Exactly the same issue. Did you get rid of your problems? How?
2018-2-6
Use props
Andy Post
lvl.2
United States

The Hard Reset Seems to have done it.  Other Bugs abound though.  Last week was shooting and I'd look down and see the CS reported I was in photo mode, not video.  I push the start button on the controller, the CS Icon changes to video and starts to record.  Lots of pucker factor but it was working correctly in the background.  

Did you try the hard reset to factory defaults?
2018-2-6
Use props
Jaan Kronberg
lvl.2
  • >>>
Estonia

Andy Post Posted at 2018-2-6 05:31
The Hard Reset Seems to have done it.  Other Bugs abound though.  Last week was shooting and I'd look down and see the CS reported I was in photo mode, not video.  I push the start button on the controller, the CS Icon changes to video and starts to record.  Lots of pucker factor but it was working correctly in the background.  

Did you try the hard reset to factory defaults?

No, but I will. I only have this issue of "lagging OSD" or whatever when it's cold (yesterday something like -7C) interestingly. I'm not sure how you advertise your product as "cold-proof" and then hit the wall when it's cold outside..

Will try "hard reset" (where's that magic button, btw?) UPDATE: found it.

Thank you for response!
2018-2-6
Use props
Andy Post
lvl.2
United States

Great!  I hope the other bugs don't present themselves to you.  And for what it's worth...around here "Texas" when it gets to -7 we just don't go outside.  Probably not an option there....
2018-2-6
Use props
Jaan Kronberg
lvl.2
  • >>>
Estonia

Andy Post Posted at 2018-2-6 06:56
Great!  I hope the other bugs don't present themselves to you.  And for what it's worth...around here "Texas" when it gets to -7 we just don't go outside.  Probably not an option there....

Well getting slightly offtopic, but -7C is roughly 20F - not that bad, actually

Wind is what kills all the fun....

2018-2-6
Use props
Andy Post
lvl.2
United States

I'd done the conversion.  But you are still of hardy stock.  20F is pretty newsworthy stuff here.  
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules