Extended Landing Gear for Spark
2722 10 2017-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nodge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3596 ft
United Kingdom

There seem to be various types available. Any recommendations or ones to avoid?

Thanks
John
2017-11-26
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

I have the polarpro, and like it a lot (I've used it about 10x).  Haven't used it much though as I've hand caught the Spark over 100 flights and only chopped a finger once.  It's very easy to hand catch, I don't know why you'd ever land any other way.
2017-11-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Javey Posted at 2017-11-26 17:24
I have the polarpro, and like it a lot (I've used it about 10x).  Haven't used it much though as I've hand caught the Spark over 100 flights and only chopped a finger once.  It's very easy to hand catch, I don't know why you'd ever land any other way.

Since the spark is so sensitive to compass errors, I also changed to start and land almost always in hand.
Despite having somehing like them laying around, eh, somewhere:

2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I think the extra weight may affect the flight time and gimbal. I would not recommend users mount things on spark.
2017-11-26
Use props
Nodge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3596 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-26 23:15
I think the extra weight may affect the flight time and gimbal. I would not recommend users mount things on spark.

As a noobie I'm still using the prop guards and a couple of the extended leg options look like they can't be fitted with the prop guards anyway. Must admit I've not tried hand catching yet but I'll give it a go next time out.

John
2017-11-27
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

I launch mine off the ground and land in the same way. Obviously trying to find some solid ground instead rather than grass, failing that launch it off the foam box the spark came in.
2017-11-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-26 23:15

Elektra, Polarpro is not only gimbal filters!
This topic  is about landing gear ;-)
And the one I am having somewhere are less weight than the propguards and mounted where the propguards get mounted.
So I would assume there is no harm to expect.
2017-11-27
Use props
DOWSETT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392234 ft
United States

I ordered the type: where all four legs could fold in, they looked like S-e-ven example.
They came the same time as the drone; so it wasn't only weeks later did I realize a huge agility difference in performance.

For myself: it seems to be a landing pad.
2017-11-27
Use props
Aussie Diver4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26568 ft
Australia

I have the Polar Pro landing gear - is very light - 43grams - not used it yet
2017-12-1
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2792 ft
United States

Aussie Diver4 Posted at 2017-12-1 13:40
I have the Polar Pro landing gear - is very light - 43grams - not used it yet[view_image]

This is the one I use as it allows simultaneous use of prop guards. No problems so far...
2017-12-26
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Ideally, if landing on uneven ground like small rocks and pebbles, you'd want a three point landing gear system...three points define a plane (geometry class)... To me, the rail system of PolarPro and DJI would potentially cause tilting if one rail sets down on a small rock or uneven ground.  I have opted for the four leg system that loops around the lights and clips on the drone arms.  They're a good fit and on landing or takeoff seem more stable than the rail.
2017-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules