I'm nearing 6 hours of Flight Time now !
1840 27 2017-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zippo43
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387126 ft
United States

I have a P-3SE and three Dji" battery and a Samsung 8 inch table...I have really enjoyed my flights and when i take off i still am just as excited as i was when i took off on my very 1st flight !..today it  was near 60 degs and barely any surface winds....I fly out of a nice park with only a few trees and no power wires...i did worry about being surrounded with many many homes wth wifi...My P3SE has not has one issue yet their yet !...so thats Great...I still read my manuel before i head out to fly and  todays "flight time"..was spent on "go arounds and "touch and Go's"..todays near one hour of flight time and with all the touch and gos i did...i did not strike a prop...You know what they say "Pratice makes perfect" !  Tonights last flight was near sunset and heres my 1st  sunset picture that i have took. 1st sunset shot from my drone.jpg

2017-11-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Looks great, Zippo.  Keep it up!
2017-11-26
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Those are definitely some cool colors! Sounds like you're really enjoying it. That's awesome!
2017-11-26
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Good to hear you're still enjoying flying like the rest of us!
2017-11-27
Use props
NGF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

I care. I was born for sunset and sunrise.
Great pic, keep them coming
2017-11-27
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I think its great that you are still enjoying flying.
The pic looks great i love the colors
2017-11-27
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Nice Pic, great tone.
2017-11-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

NGF Posted at 2017-11-27 20:59
I care. I was born for sunset and sunrise.
Great pic, keep them coming

Way to go, NGF.  Zippo is 80yrs old and has taken up the hobby.  I very much care too.
Zippo,  I'm sure you've learned about the kiddies on here by now, anyway.

2017-11-28
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-28 10:53
Way to go, NGF.  Zippo is 80yrs old and has taken up the hobby.  I very much care too.
Zippo,  I'm sure you've learned about the kiddies on here by now, anyway.

I am 67 and have just started, I expected to be at the extreme edge of the age spectrum but it seems I am about in the middle.
2017-11-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Never too old PETE!  Make ya live longer lol
2017-11-28
Use props
Caspers driver
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4540515 ft
United States

Good to read about you Really enjoying your 'flight' in life and the drone. Easy for me to understand tho as I also recently took up quads and love each magic flight. May we all get to fly many more years !
"Only" 72 here. ;)
2017-11-28
Use props
SunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Ohhh.... Thats a very sweet. You got lucky. It only gets better now. Time to twick your settings.
2017-11-28
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
United States

Many  years ago flew  i "control line" and  "radio controlled" planes....and i have been wanting to get back in to RC planes....However to fly them i have to drive near 18 miles to a park where they meet and fly RC  at.....However with my P-3 SE drone....i can fly right next to my house or a short drive  to a nice very tree less and no  power wires park....i park and launch the drone 20 feet out and Enjoy setting on the padded tail gate of my truck...or take a sports chair and set where i take off from....I love the Great Sport of The "Drone" !  also i hope to meet with other drone owners and meet and fly and exchange ideas  here in the Kansas City area !!   Thanks To  Everyone that has read my message and seen the picture of the very 1st   sunset i took from my P3  and more to come later too ... I Know One dude might not care But yes a "Whole bunch" of You Do..Thank You !   and I'm  74 years young !   
2017-11-28
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good on you, I enjoy flying my drone too.
2017-11-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Wow with all you old guys i feel so young and vibrant
Im still a spritly age of only 54
2017-11-29
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

I'm glad for you that you enjoy flying so much. Once you've mastered your touch & go's try figure eights. Also,  try bringing the aircraft home from a distance that renders its  heading questionable. This is a very important skill to have. Start out at close distance of course. Happy flying!
2017-11-29
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks awesome!
2017-11-29
Use props
Aerography U.K.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404219 ft
United Kingdom

I'm 45 and flying my P4P totally brings the kid the out in me, much to the annoyance of my kids. Great sunset photo keep them coming
2017-11-29
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

You know what they say .... we are all 'kids' at heart.

We may get older - but our toys just get more expensive !

.............. me in one month I am 62yrs old ... I have a house full of RC .... boats, cars, planes, helis, drones .... over 55 flight ready models

Some days I wonder if we need Help Groups for Modellers like Gamblers Anonymous .... Alcoholics Anonymous !!

Nigel
2017-11-29
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2017-11-29 22:45
You know what they say .... we are all 'kids' at heart.

We may get older - but our toys just get more expensive !

Have you concidered getting therapy lol thats alot of toys
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Keep you passion. Beautiful view!
2017-12-2
Use props
Camc71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45899 ft
Australia

Brilliant shot.
2017-12-10
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

Wow great to see the older older generation getting into drones, may you have many years of pleasure flying drones.
2017-12-10
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
United States

m1shootr Posted at 2017-11-29 14:46
I'm glad for you that you enjoy flying so much. Once you've mastered your touch & go's try figure eights. Also,  try bringing the aircraft home from a distance that renders its  heading questionable. This is a very important skill to have. Start out at close distance of course. Happy flying!

M1Shooter....last few times out with the Drone....i sure have been practicing  the flights that you have recommended.... Today...near hours flight times was a really FUN Fun time...and my precise point landings on the wood that i lay over the deep grass is about 4 foot by 2 foot and i can take the Drone way out 250 feet away OR More and descend it all the way back and make a beautiful spot landing and today's on lookers were amazed  LOL !    Drone Onnnnnnnnnnnn >>>>   And i have way over 8 and 1/2 hours stick times now !
2017-12-10
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Zippo43 Posted at 2017-12-10 20:19
M1Shooter....last few times out with the Drone....i sure have been practicing  the flights that you have recommended.... Today...near hours flight times was a really FUN Fun time...and my precise point landings on the wood that i lay over the deep grass is about 4 foot by 2 foot and i can take the Drone way out 250 feet away OR More and descend it all the way back and make a beautiful spot landing and today's on lookers were amazed  LOL !    Drone Onnnnnnnnnnnn >>>>   And i have way over 8 and 1/2 hours stick times now !

Very good.
2017-12-11
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zippo43 Posted at 2017-11-28 19:29
Many  years ago flew  i "control line" and  "radio controlled" planes....and i have been wanting to get back in to RC planes....However to fly them i have to drive near 18 miles to a park where they meet and fly RC  at.....However with my P-3 SE drone....i can fly right next to my house or a short drive  to a nice very tree less and no  power wires park....i park and launch the drone 20 feet out and Enjoy setting on the padded tail gate of my truck...or take a sports chair and set where i take off from....I love the Great Sport of The "Drone" !  also i hope to meet with other drone owners and meet and fly and exchange ideas  here in the Kansas City area !!   Thanks To  Everyone that has read my message and seen the picture of the very 1st   sunset i took from my P3  and more to come later too ... I Know One dude might not care But yes a "Whole bunch" of You Do..Thank You !   and I'm  74 years young !

Wow and really impressed ! 74 y/o and flying ! Superb! I'd like to also follow your foot steps whenever that times arrives.

2017-12-11
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
United States

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-12-11 08:31
Wow and really impressed ! 74 y/o and flying ! Superb! I'd like to also follow your foot steps whenever that times arrives.

M.C  Pilot :  The figure eights  that M1 Shooter mentioned  me to Fly well  i flew about 100 feet away at the farthest  and 50 feet away at the closest....were a blast to fly...the more i made...The better with them i got....i cant wait to the next time i get to take my drone to the park  and  fly again !
2017-12-11
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Zippo43 Posted at 2017-11-28 19:29
Many  years ago flew  i "control line" and  "radio controlled" planes....and i have been wanting to get back in to RC planes....However to fly them i have to drive near 18 miles to a park where they meet and fly RC  at.....However with my P-3 SE drone....i can fly right next to my house or a short drive  to a nice very tree less and no  power wires park....i park and launch the drone 20 feet out and Enjoy setting on the padded tail gate of my truck...or take a sports chair and set where i take off from....I love the Great Sport of The "Drone" !  also i hope to meet with other drone owners and meet and fly and exchange ideas  here in the Kansas City area !!   Thanks To  Everyone that has read my message and seen the picture of the very 1st   sunset i took from my P3  and more to come later too ... I Know One dude might not care But yes a "Whole bunch" of You Do..Thank You !   and I'm  74 years young !

Well done, Zippo! I'm 69 and got my P4P in January '17 and loving it !  Happy droning
2017-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules