2769 5 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Potato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767349 ft
United States

Hello,

Has anyone had any problems taking their spark internationally?
I will be in Trinidad and Tobago taking American Airlines and I think since it weighs so little, there wouldn't be any problems after I landed in Trinidad and Tobago.
Anyone flown there yet?
2017-11-28
Use props
mtclark2112
lvl.1
United States

I'm thinking the same thing, going from USA to Italy soon, would like to take my Spark.
2017-11-28
Use props
pongo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220 ft
United Kingdom

mtclark2112 Posted at 2017-11-28 13:12
I'm thinking the same thing, going from USA to Italy soon, would like to take my Spark.

Hi guys, I took my Spark to Turkey this year, flew with Thomas Cook. I sealed all my batterys and the Sparks connections with the silicon gromits you can get on the poplar bay store and ran all my batterys down to 2 lights that way if anybody stopped me they could see that it was a battery, I took the blades off and put them silicon hoods on from the same store. With Turkey because of the trouble out there I download paperwork to what required a licence, what their customs where willing to take i.e  drone under 4kg and no flying over 100 feet. It was 2 sheets of paper one in Turkish the other in English in case I got stuck either end. But after all that trouble no one stopped me or asked any questions!!! lol, I took it in hand luggage in a Hammer size 40 shoulder bag. Just make sure all the battery connections are covered. I did phone Thomas Cook Airlines to see if it was ok to take a small drone, nobodys had a clue!!  I took 5 batterys my charger and all the extra gumff that goes with these drones, hope this helps.
2017-11-28
Use props
oelomo2017
lvl.4

United States

I am going to take my Spark from USA to Trinidad and Tobago and than to South America after X-mas. I am thinking about discharging the batteries to a point where it will go to hibernation. I have 4 batteries and am ordering a Samtree carrying case where everything including the controller and charging hub will fit in it. Still looking for some info with flying drone regulations in those countries. I will fly Caribbean Airlines. Hope everything will go well.
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please ask the airline about the regulation of batteries. I would recommend you search more information or ask the local authority for help.
2017-11-29
Use props
Bman 117 (Bman)
lvl.1

United States

Yea, just drain the batteries before you take it and it must be a carry on. If you do that, you should be fine.
2019-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules