problem with firmware upgrade, i guess
850 5 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tim ware
lvl.1
United States

Have owned and operated a P4 with out problems for about a year.  Did the firmware upgrade and it was not a smooth operation but got it done.
Now flying and videos there is a consistent problem with the video image very unstable with a lot of buffering and green screen.  Raw  video footage is ok but almost nonfunctional while in the air.  Seems like camera connectivity is just lagging behind.  I want to re install firmware but I am guessing on the real problem is.
Can any one provide advice?
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Tim, may I know what mobile device are you using? What is the APP version? Have you tried to reinstall the APP? If yes, how is it going?
2017-11-29
Use props
surfnhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398625 ft
United States

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger I think alot of us are having problems and I personally don't think it's the new firmware because I haven't updated and I'm having the same issues as everyone else...dji please fix this you have to much on the line...people are going to start leaving
2017-11-29
Use props
tim ware
lvl.1
United States

The P4 is connected to ipad mini 2.  The App version is 4.1.18.  The problem is seen on the Ipad.    I intend to fly today using iPhone and see if that makes any difference.   I can alternate between ipad and iPhone and verify that is a factor. Will post after results.  I have hesitated on reinstalling the App as to the process of re-installing the entire firmware package.  It was such a hassle to get it completed the first time, I am not confident on the process of deleting the existing firmware, then installing new firmware for the controller and drone..........
2017-11-30
Use props
HugoN/4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248878 ft
France

I've some advice:
1: Re-install app and firmware
2: Put the old firmware where it was well working
3: Contact dji support even if you doesn't buy dji care
Thks
2017-11-30
Use props
tim ware
lvl.1
United States

Yesterday, I videoed for over an hour with two different devices. The iPhone 6s tracked smoothly and the P4 did everything it was supposed to.  Switched over to the Ipad mini 2 and instantly saw a difference.
Green screen, buffering, lots of stuttering.   The only difference in conditions was the device.  Now what?  The iPhone is such a small screen that I do not want to settle for that option but cannot routinely use the ipad. So how do we fix that?  is it a firmware issue?  Is this a dji software problem or something that I need to continue to try to fix.  Just reading other posts,  I am confused on whether this is something I should work on or wait for DJI to fix their software,  Please advise, thanks
2017-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules