Active terrain following
2101 6 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
US Aerial Video
lvl.2

United States

I am looking for a solution for active terrain following similar to the radar system on the Agras. Does anybody know if the Agras radar system is compatible with the A3 on the M600? If so would it be possible to fly a waypoint mission while maintaining 30m AGL for example? I know this can be done with waypoint navigation but the 99 waypoint limit is not enough when flying in hilly terrain. I am looking for an active solution for terrain following. Any ideas?
2017-11-29
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

The DJI guidance system should do what you're after, provided you have the technical knowledge to work with the SDK and ROS
2017-11-29
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Don't think the Agras radar will work at 30m as in the manual it says maximum effective height of 5m
2017-11-30
Use props
US Aerial Video
lvl.2

United States

ROBERM19 Posted at 2017-11-29 13:34
The DJI guidance system should do what you're after, provided you have the technical knowledge to work with the SDK and ROS

I thought guidance was for obstacle avoidance and not necessarily terrain following.  Even so, is guidance compatible with the M600?
2017-11-30
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
United States

US Aerial Video Posted at 2017-11-30 09:55
I thought guidance was for obstacle avoidance and not necessarily terrain following.  Even so, is guidance compatible with the M600?

my brief research shows that it's iffy.. it very possibly will work on the m600 but you'll need to have the d-rtk add as it may open up a UART port for it to connect to which DJI Jamie said is necessary. there's no solid evidence of it working.. so if you want to test go ahead. we have one ourselves but we havent had the time or incentive to integrate it onto a m600 as we're more concerned about lidar and collecting data for clients and guidance just isnt necessary unless we do something else entirely

i dont see why it wouldnt work, depending on the range it detects. it's more a matter of how well your engineers can work with the SDK and ROS..if you dont have someone who can dedicate their time to doing that i would recommend avoiding this path
2017-11-30
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
United States

US Aerial Video Posted at 2017-11-30 09:55

funny you mentioned this and now our team is working on integrating the guidance with the m600. the test platform we're using doesn't have d-rtk so we're trying to figure out the proper connection from the guidance can plug to the m600 can plug. have you looked at this yet?
2017-12-4
Use props
US Aerial Video
lvl.2

United States

I did not look into this yet. If you get Guidance up and running on the M600 please post an update.
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules