2412 21 2017-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Any Moderators online at the moment that might be able to help.

Have just updated to the latest firmware and Go 4 app on my Android tablet specifically to use the new Pano modes, but cant get them to work.

I am not a newbie, had DJI drones for about 3 years now.

Tried several different things like different heights (above 10m), different SD cards, different camera settings - RAW only ang JPEG & Raw, but cant get it to take any pictures.

I've tried the different modes - horizontal, vertical & Sphere, they symbols are changing correctly on the take a photo button and showiing how many photos it is going to take.

When I press the start button, I'm just getting a message on the screen saying tap to focus which I do and nothing happens at all.

I have also tried changing the manual/auto focus setting and toggling exposure lock on & off all with no results.

Any guidance would be gratlley appreciated. Thanks
2017-11-30
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

on wich device are you on? I can suggest to read here if you whant maybe it can help https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=121571&fromuid=1003977
2017-11-30
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply

I'm using a Sony Xperia Z3 tablet compact 8" tablet running Android 6.0.1.

I did have the pixallated problem, but the latest Go 4 update has cured that, but still cant't take ant Panos
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Jimney, please try to reinstall the app can try again, if the issue persists, coz pano mode might need a device that has strong configurations, since Sony Xperia Z3 is not on the support list, so we would like you to help to test if the same thing will still happen when you use a mobile device that is on our list. Looking forward to your feedback. devide support list.png
2017-12-1
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

Jimney Posted at 2017-11-30 04:05
Thanks for your reply

I'm using a Sony Xperia Z3 tablet compact 8" tablet running Android 6.0.1.

yep maybe the device is too low spec, try out the procedure suggested by Thor and when you have some time please report the result here as well https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1003977 , I'm try to make a complete list of what works
2017-12-1
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-1 01:06
Hi Jimney, please try to reinstall the app can try again, if the issue persists, coz pano mode might need a device that has strong configurations, since Sony Xperia Z3 is not on the support list, so we would like you to help to test if the same thing will still happen when you use a mobile device that is on our list. Looking forward to your feedback.[view_image]

Thanks for your reply,

I'll try later. My Sony tablet granted is a few years old now but has been on your approved list when I last checked. Its Qualcom 801 processor is certainly newer and more powerful than the Google Nexus 7 II that is on your list that only uses the S4Pro chip.

I specifically spent a lot of money on this tablet at the time because it was on your recommended list. It was purchased originally specifically to be used as a compatible drone screen.

While I am on something I have noticed from watching a few of the very recently published "how to" YouTube Mavic Pano videos is that the layout on my screen is different to what is being shown on the videos.

When the Pano is selected from the list at the bottom are shown the options of the 4 types of Pano that are available - A row of 3 and the last one under the first option in a second row.

In all the videos I have watched the 360 pano is the first option Icon 1, row 1. On my device the 360 is the last option Icon 1 row 2.

What are the differences ? Just an observation
2017-12-1
Use props
fans5d4712f5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166467 ft
United Kingdom

Have you fix this problem as I am experiencing the same was working last week now it's telling me tap to focus and don't work
2017-12-3
Use props
fans5d4712f5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jimney Posted at 2017-12-1 03:09
Thanks for your reply,

I'll try later. My Sony tablet granted is a few years old now but has been on your approved list when I last checked. Its Qualcom 801 processor is certainly newer and more powerful than the Google Nexus 7 II that is on your list that only uses the S4Pro chip.

It's just the difference between the iOS device and Android device. No worries.
2017-12-4
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bit of a delay in retrying, but got a new Google Pixel 2 XL yesterday, so as up to date as phones go.

Brand new Go4 app installed and I have refreshed the firmware on both the drone and controller last night.

I have to report that I am experiencing exactly the same issues as per my original post of a few days ago.

I have just come in from using up a whole battery on a hover at 13m AGL & have changed every camera setting that is on the drone.

Every other photo optiond work just fine. I have tried everything from starting at the top with a single photo and moving down through all the photo options menu - HDR, bracketing, interval right down to the 4 Pano options.

All work until I use any of the 4 Pano options.

The drone just sits there hovering and does nothing.

I have also noticed that when I select the 3 shot horizontal option, the photo counter under the shutter button is showing 0/21.

Surely it should be showing 0/3 just like it does for the vertical 3 shot Pano?

This might be a new Android 8 Oreo issue, but the app crashed on me twice which it never does when I use my Sony Tablet

Any ideas please?
2017-12-6
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans5d4712f5 Posted at 2017-12-3 11:48
Have you fix this problem as I am experiencing the same was working last week now it's telling me tap to focus and don't work

Hi,

No I haven't managed to fix this issue of the Pano modes doing nothing on my Mavic.

I tried a brand new Google Pixel 2 XL phone yesterday with a fresh install of the Go4 app and refreshed the firmwares on both drone and transmitter.

It takes photos in every other photo setting option, but just sits there and hovers doing nowt in any of the four Pano options
2017-12-7
Use props
Holloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I fixed mine I downgraded the software and then re upgraded it fix the issue
2017-12-9
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-1 01:06
Hi Jimney, please try to reinstall the app can try again, if the issue persists, coz pano mode might need a device that has strong configurations, since Sony Xperia Z3 is not on the support list, so we would like you to help to test if the same thing will still happen when you use a mobile device that is on our list. Looking forward to your feedback.[view_image]

DJI Thor every time i see the list of compatible devices it makes me think this is just an easy way out for DJI. 90% of the Android devices are OLD. I've been coming here to this forum for 6 months or so and that list hasn't changed much if at all. DJI needs to get to testing a LOT more Android devices please.
2017-12-9
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Holloway82 Posted at 2017-12-9 03:05

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.

It is the only thing I haven't tried is downgrading my firmwares first. I have just come in from another unsuccessful try at getting this working.

I reinstalled all firmwares, reset the drone and the gimbal and tried all sorts of different camera settings combinations, but still no joy.

I have commercial work available for this feature so I need to get it sorted, I've missed out on one job aleady last week :~(
2017-12-15
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Holloway82 Posted at 2017-12-9 03:05

Well I have just wasted even more time to try Holloway82's suggestion of rolling back my firmware, then reinstalling the latest firmware.

After charging up a battery and my controller to have enough juice to let me do firmware upgrades, then connecting up to the assistant 2 software on my PC I now don't even have the option to roll back my firmware to the previous version.

I have now refreshed the current version twice and reset to factory defaults and still nothing happens in any of the four pano modes.

Any other suggestions would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Jimney, I got your PM and sorry for not covering your reply. So you the Pano can be clicked and initiated, but the drone just hovers there and will do nothing, right? Have you tried to format the SD card or a device which is on the support list and try again? Is it possible to provide me with a screen recording for me? As well as the firmware version info, here is the route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
Thank you for your help. devide support list.png
2017-12-15
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-15 05:26
Hi Jimney, I got your PM and sorry for not covering your reply. So you the Pano can be clicked and initiated, but the drone just hovers there and will do nothing, right? Have you tried to format the SD card or a device which is on the support list and try again? Is it possible to provide me with a screen recording for me? As well as the firmware version info, here is the route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
Thank you for your help. [view_image]

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly today.

Firstly I don't have access to any devices on your current supported list.

I had not tried re formatting the SD card because it is recording ordinary photos and videos OK. But I have just done so and will test again.

The drone just not move, nor the camera gimbal move when I try to take any of the four pano options

My Sony tablet used to be on your supported list, that was why I purchased it, but it isn't showing now

The "About" info you requested -

App 4.1.18
Remote Controller 01.04.0100
Aircraft database - 01.00.01.07
App database 01.00.01.07
Basic Flysafe database 01.00.01.05
Flight controller serial number 08RDDBB00102PY

I will go out now and do another test flight and record the screen for you.

I should be back within the hour
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jimney Posted at 2017-12-15 06:10
Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly today.

Hi Jimney, is it still not working now? I am looking forward to your feedback. Thank you.
2017-12-17
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Jimney Posted at 2017-12-7 03:32
Hi,

No I haven't managed to fix this issue of the Pano modes doing nothing on my Mavic.

When you go into Pano mode, you select the type of pano that you want to do and then you tap on the camera icon which now looks like the type of pano that you have selected. Are you actually tapping on the camera icon to start the pano?
2017-12-17
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-17 17:57
Hi Jimney, is it still not working now? I am looking forward to your feedback. Thank you.

Hi, Sorry for the big delay in replying to this.

I have been ill for the last 10 days and not had chance to retry after my last communication.

I tried to screen record on my Sony tablet, but it kept crashing. I got as far as downloading a screen recording app on my Pixel 2 just as I was starting to get this horrible cold. I will have another go in the next few days.

Unfortunately I don't have access to any of your recommended devices, but I have just ordered a Crystalsky earlier which I will obviously try when that arrives.

It will probably be after the weekend before I can try this again.

Thanks again
2017-12-28
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

I have also noticed that when I select the 3 shot horizontal option, the photo counter under the shutter button is showing 0/21.

I found the same yesterday. First time I have tried the three shot horizontal pano. It took 21 images. Tried twice, same result. I had previously tried 3 image verticle, 21 image horizontal and sphere which worked well. I am using Samsung S8.
Looks like a program bug calling wrong code.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jimney Posted at 2017-12-28 08:10
Hi, Sorry for the big delay in replying to this.

I have been ill for the last 10 days and not had chance to retry after my last communication.

Oh, sorry to hear that and hope you will get well soon. No worries for the pano test, you can make it at your very convenience.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules