Drone disconnection story - what are your thoughts?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adam_smith117
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7470 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, so i was flying my drone today and it disconnected and automatically returned home. i had ZERO warnings on my phone - it went from fully fine to disconnected and immediately returned to home. Now both charges were completely fine however when i got in the house, my phone was connected to my BT hub instead of my phantom even though that could be because everything was tunred off by the time i got in haha :/ Is it possible for my phone to accidentally connect to a different wifi whilst i should be connected to the phantom - i cant think of anything else because there was no warnings like i said and both batterys were pretty much full. Any ideas would be appreciated - many thanks !

Adam
2017-12-1
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which Phantom? You don't fly in 'airplane mode'? I always do and never presents an issue. No interference unless of course it's behind an obstacle.
2017-12-1
Use props
adam_smith117
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7470 ft
United Kingdom

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-12-1 10:57
Which Phantom? You don't fly in 'airplane mode'? I always do and never presents an issue. No interference unless of course it's behind an obstacle.

thanks for the reply, 3 SE mate - ahhh i always thought it required wifi to fly, but ive just searched and seen that wifi only needs to be on if you are streaming to youtube or twitch - so i dont need to go into settings and select my phantom network!? what is that for ??
2017-12-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

adam_smith117 Posted at 2017-12-1 11:21
thanks for the reply, 3 SE mate - ahhh i always thought it required wifi to fly, but ive just searched and seen that wifi only needs to be on if you are streaming to youtube or twitch - so i dont need to go into settings and select my phantom network!? what is that for ??

You do need the wifi to be connected to the Phantom network on your device.  You do NOT need the internet.  And if you phone is set to always scan for wifi, it can dump the Phantom network and try for some other network if the signal is stronger.  Turn off the automatic scan for wifi feature for best results.
2017-12-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

In addition to what Kneepuck has mentioned, after a disconnect, some Androids won't necessarily reconnect to the Phantom network - even during a flight - because it thinks the signal is undesirable because there's no internet.  In those cases, you must manually reconnect by going to your Android's settings\wifi area.
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Adam, the mobile device and RC of P3 SE are connected via WiFi, and it's hard to avoid the interference. And I would recommend to enable the airplane mode and fly in an open place without interference.
2017-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules