which FPV setup to use with a DJI Phantom Vision 2 Zenmuse H3-3D and GoPro 3
72349 29 2014-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wberkowitz
New

United States

I am looking for help on which FPV setup to use with a DJI Phantom Vision 2 Zenmuse H3-3D and GoPro 3. It needs to be simple to set up and requiring very little soddering (though preferably none at all). Most intuitive system please. Will it control the Gimbal? A good range for video link will be preferable. Links to actual products and setup guides (or youtube videos showing how to set up) will be much appreciated. Have heard good things about the Black Pearl system and DJI AVL58 av transmitter. If you could please explain what each piece does in layman's terms that would be great.Thank you in advance

2014-10-22
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Are you sure you're talking about the Vision? The vision uses the app on your phone for FPV and doesn't have H3-3D/GoPro options

Edit: You may be talking about the Non-Vision Phantom 2. In that case, another member asked a similar question before. Read my previous reply to him below:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... tid=943&lang=en

As far as what you need, I set mine up in a very similar fashion.

Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D

Mine looks no different except for the FPV cable running down the leg

iOSD Mini

ImmersionRC 600mW

Plug and Play cable (I hate soldering)

Black Pearl FPV Monitor (Already Fatshark compatible)

Monitor Mount

As I said before the P2V+ excels in ease of use (nothing additional to buy) and takes advantage of the app really well.
The P2 requires more set up but with it now being plug and play, I see no reason to miss out on the longer range and better footage a GoPro can provide. Check out this recent video with the GoPro Hero 4
Compare some P2V+ videos to P2 videos on Youtube. If the quality is acceptable to you, the P2V+ is the way to go. If you think the range and video quality will be an issue later, go with the P2
2014-10-22
Use props
DJI -Lisa.zhu
lvl.4

China

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-10-23 12:41
Are you sure you're talking about the Vision? The vision uses the app on your phone for FPV and does ...

Good comment
2014-10-26
Use props
kurtstoll
New

United States

OK, here is what I am going with so far:

For Question #1, I just purchased a Flysight Black Pearl All-in-One FPV Combo Package, which provides the following:
-  Includes Black Pearl RC801LR 7" Monitor with built in battery and 5.8 Ghz Dual Diversity 32 Channel Receiver, 12V Charger, Sun Screen, Long Range Mushroom Antenna and Long Range Panel Antenna, TX5802 5.8 Ghz Video Transmitter, Monitor Mounting Bracket, 4 pin cable, 6 pin cable, and DJI Phantom 2 FPV Hub cable.

Here is the link:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And, in addition, I purchased a DJI iOSD Mini.  

Here is the link:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is also how I understand these things to work together:
- The FPV Combo package is designed to do just what it says: Deliver First Person Video from the Phantom 2 to the Video Monitor mounted on my controller.
- While the iOSD is designed to also feed an overlay of real-time flight information over the video feed

Are descriptions I provided above correct?  Are there any details that I am missing?

Thanks
2014-10-26
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

kurtstoll@hotma Posted at 2014-10-27 12:24

For Question #1, I just purchased a Flysight Black Pearl A ...

Nothing I can think of, looks like you did your research. Some make the mistake of getting the wrong transmitter/receiver and antennae combination but it looks like your "package" has all the right hardware.

The iOSD is a great addition, I rely on it on every flight.
I crammed everything inside the shell for a clean look (the wires were bugging me) but most just plug and play on the outside.

Let us know how it works out!

2014-10-26
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for this as it explains to me that missing link to get FPV. I would also like to know how it works out for you!
2014-10-27
Use props
Triflight
New
South Africa

Are you sure you're talking about the Vision? The vision uses the app on your phone for FPV and does ...

Im upgrading from the GP3+ to GP4 Black for my Phantom 2. Are you aware if this FPV setup will work for me?
2014-10-31
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Triflight Posted at 2014-10-31 16:10
Im upgrading from the GP3+ to GP4 Black for my Phantom 2. Are you aware if this FPV setup will wor ...

Yep, the video output is the same. Just make sure you have the Version 2 of the H3-3D. The first model connected to the back of the GoPro with the back connector. The Version 2 model connects through USB.

Like 90% of them today are the V2 model, so you should be fine.
Also the GoPro4 is a bit heavier than than the 3, so you may need to balance the gimbal a bit.
2014-10-31
Use props
Triflight
New
South Africa

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-10-31 23:09
Yep, the video output is the same. Just make sure you have the Version 2 of the H3-3D. The first m ...

Thanks for that!! I do have the V2 of the H3-3D. I think this will be the way to go until the business can justify the cost of light bridge.
2014-11-1
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

kurtstoll@hotma Posted at 2014-10-27 12:24

For Question #1, I just purchased a Flysight Black Pearl A ...

Just wondering if you had any issues with this setup and how it was working?
2014-11-6
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Here's a couple things to keep in mind when setting up 5.8 Ghz FPV...

DO NOT, EVER, power up your transmitter without an antenna connected. Doing so will ruin the transmitter instantly.

Pay close attention to the antenna fittings.  The center conductor gender varies.  Connect two of the opposite gender fittings (which do thread together perfectly fine), and you'll have either no center conductor connection, or damage.

Not all 5.8 GHz equipment uses the same frequencies.  Make sure to choose a tx and rx which use the same frequencies.

I've had the best result when separating the componets as much as possible, by placing the tx antenna as low and away from everything else as much as possible, and keeping everything away from the compass.  Also have had good result with double sided velcro straps.  

Here is my current setup.  Loop velcro on the Phantom leg and the edges of the tx, then wrapped with hook side of velcro straps.  Holds well, and can be moved to accommodate different antennas.
AP Studios ©2014-IMG_0663.jpg
2014-11-7
Use props
dave
New

United States

This looks like a good setup.  I really want a DVR as well to record the FPV with the OSD overlay.

Can anyone recommend a DVR to add to this setup?

thanks
2014-11-23
Use props
ghostmaster
lvl.2

Portugal

dave@vrona.com Posted at 2014-11-24 10:29
This looks like a good setup.  I really want a DVR as well to record the FPV with the OSD overlay.

This LCD includes DVR and everything in a small package: http://j.mp/1u3TSqa

Use "bestbg" cupon code to get 8% discount.
2014-11-23
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

ghostmaster Posted at 2014-11-24 12:56
This LCD includes DVR and everything in a small package: http://j.mp/1u3TSqa

Use "bestbg" cupon co ...

If you buy this dvr+lcd combo make sure you use a compatible VTX.
Immersionrc won't work as well since it is a 7 channel transmitter.
This LCD is a 32ch receiver.
2014-11-23
Use props
isycohenb
New

Venezuela

I wonder if there is any way Connectable my dji phantom vision 2 to a TV. I want this to be achieved while flying quadcopter this. thanks
2014-11-25
Use props
adi.mcara
New

United Kingdom

most smart tv's have wifi now so same as fpv i would ov thought
2014-12-1
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

no, wifi on your tv isn't the same as fpv video.
Once you get a video receiver like the LCD screen or goggles, you can run a video out cable (red, white and yellow composite) to your large TV.
2014-12-1
Use props
Droneasaurus
New

Canada

Hi. I am a hobbyist looking to upgrade to a phantom platform. I am really torn between the Vision + or going with the GoPro Hero 4 Black. I live in Canada and want to use for commercial purposes so I would love to have the 4K option, but on the other hand I don't want to spend a fortune on the lightbridge. What can you suggest as some possible set ups that I should consider with a minimal amount of modification. Thanks!
2014-12-16
Use props
p2paul
lvl.1

Australia

Droneasaurus Posted at 2014-12-17 12:30
Hi. I am a hobbyist looking to upgrade to a phantom platform. I am really torn between the Vision +  ...

Apart from the quality differences, the vision camera only works on the P2. The Gopro can be used for other film duties off the P2, action cam, timelapse... etc.
2015-1-2
Use props
connorblock
New

United States

Hi,
I have only skimmed through this forum so far, but how does the DJI Lightbridge compare to other cheaper FPV setups (alv58 and black pearl FPVs) as shown above?
Also, as a side question, does having an FPV take away your ability to control the tilt of the gimbal? I see "FPV mode" on the assistant software that appears to disable the gimbal.

Sorry if I am repeating anything that was asked above.

2015-1-2
Use props
jeastman
New

United States

Hey I just bought this exact setup. Did you find any good installation guide or have any pointers. I got the plug and play cable  as well as the kit with link below and the board to plug everything into.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pretty sure it is all exactly the same as yours just packaged together. Any recommendations would be awesome!
2015-1-4
Use props
Hatari
New

United States

Is it possible to use the GoPro Hero 4 on a phantom 2 as FPV( smartphone)? Or is it still a problem with 2.4 GHz?
Thank you!
Hatari
2015-1-4
Use props
p2paul
lvl.1

Australia

Hatari Posted at 2015-1-5 06:21
Is it possible to use the GoPro Hero 4 on a phantom 2 as FPV( smartphone)? Or is it still a problem  ...

Smartphone can be used to set up the hero's settings and yes you can view what the camera see's but wireless will only give you 20mtrs.  Plus wireless operates at 2.4 same as the phantom controller... so nope can't use both together. You need  a dedicated tx to rx for the video at 5.8Ghz.
2015-1-7
Use props
diimartarajev.e
New

Estonia

Hi! I have Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D and GoPro Hero4 Black camera.
My intension is to setup a FPV system and I have chosen these items:
- Boscam FPV 5.8G 400mW AV Transmitter Module TS353
- Boscam RX LCD 5802 5.8GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7 Inch Monitor
- Boscam RX-LCD5802 Monitor Charging Adaptor
- DJI iOSD mini Module Naza-M Compatible
- DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter Part No.9 Kit FPV Cable And Hub - NOT THE RIGHT CABLE (edit)- Video Cable for Phantom2 with DJI iOSD Mini & Zenmuse (Flysight ~ Boscam ~ Foxtech) - THE RIGHT ONE (edit)
- CNC Alloy FPV Monitor Mounting Bracket Support DJI Phantom Transmitter
- Boscam SKY FPV 5.8GHz Petals Clover Mushrooms Antenna RP-SMA Male

Are these items enough to build a fully working FPV system for my Phantom 2?
Or is there anything missing? Or something too much?
Or would you suggest to replace any item to make the system work even better?
Which antennas would you recommend?

Thanks for any answer!

2015-1-22
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just installed the fpv part of this Commander kit from DSLR Pros because a buddy who has been flying a good while recommended them and the kit.  I didn't need to get the new receiver but i did. I called and asked a ton of questions up front and they answered them.  And when I had tech support questions they answered them.  do your research before buying from them because they will not let you return anything that has been opened, period.  But I like the support.  It's also $200 off for a while
http://www.dslrpros.com/brands/d ... -commander-kit.html  
2015-1-22
Use props
cuppjessie
New

United States

diimartarajev.e Posted at 2015-1-23 01:29
Hi! I have Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D and GoPro Hero4 Black camera.
My intension is to setup a FPV ...

How do you like your set up?
2015-3-10
Use props
roy
lvl.2

United States

What did you use to mount the transmitter to your Phantom? Most people use velcro which looks sloppy. Whatever you did looks very clean.
2015-3-14
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

I have a lot of what Cloud 9 has.  Difference is the ImmersionRC 7 channel video transmitter, Black Pearl 7 Channel receiver, Spironet antennas.  My IOSD mini and gimbal anti-interference board are mounted inside. Same monitor mount (luv it). No soldering with the plug and play cable.
2015-3-15
Use props
Timothy Jay
New

United States

Thanks for an informative forum post! I just ordered my set up similar to what Cloud 9 has as well and cant wait to get everything this week and set up!
2015-3-29
Use props
austin.ling2
New

Austria

Hello... I have the same "Ready to fly" "all in one" kit that Kurtstoll talked about and I just tested it out for the first time. I get a clear picture at first, but after about 100 ft. the pictures deteriorates very quickly and by 150 ft it is gone. Any suggestions? Thanks
2015-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules