Ipad Mini 4 or Crystal sky for spark?
1178 8 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Voyboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1581 ft
Canada

Hey everybody so ive had my spark for a couple of weeks and thanks to the weather have only had a chance of flying it a couple of times but I really love it and plan on using it for a long time, I have been using my phone s8+ and using a cellphone/tablet mount.  I want to upgrade because using my phone is a pain especially getting calls in mid flight.  I just want a dedicated monitor.  I have heard talk between IOS and that DJI tends to favor IOS so was wondering if I should go with an Ipad mini 4 or a Crystal sky 5"?
2017-12-3
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

Was having the same question after the OTG failure, so i will also be glad to hear from the others
2017-12-3
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Each has advantages.
2017-12-3
Use props
Rubik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1224921 ft
United Kingdom

I use the iPad mini 4, it works well with no latency issues. it just manages to slide within the the controllers arms. Its a tight fit. The cable connection connects easily.
2017-12-3
Use props
Voyboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1581 ft
Canada

Rubik Posted at 2017-12-3 11:43
I use the iPad mini 4, it works well with no latency issues. it just manages to slide within the the controllers arms. Its a tight fit. The cable connection connects easily.

awesome thanks for the reply, I have a tablet holder so that should work well.  I was going to put a matte finish screen protector on the ipad mini to help with reflection
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Voyboy Posted at 2017-12-3 18:59
awesome thanks for the reply, I have a tablet holder so that should work well.  I was going to put a matte finish screen protector on the ipad mini to help with reflection

Hi, Voyboy. Both IPad mini 4 and Crystal sky are compatible with spark and can have a good performance. And please note that Crystal sky can be clearly visible in sunlight. Hope the info may help.
2017-12-3
Use props
UncleManuel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4104 ft
Germany

Well, the CrystalSky are having a much brighter screen which should help a lot. Sizewise the 5,5" version is not much bigger than my Samsung S6. It helps if you cut out cardboard with the outside dimensions to get a feel for both versions.
DJI_Spark_-01197.jpg DJI_Spark_-01199.jpg DJI_Spark_-01201.jpg DJI_Spark_-01202.jpg DJI_Spark_-01203.jpg
2017-12-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

UncleManuel Posted at 2017-12-3 23:14
Well, the CrystalSky are having a much brighter screen which should help a lot. Sizewise the 5,5" version is not much bigger than my Samsung S6. It helps if you cut out cardboard with the outside dimensions to get a feel for both versions.
[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

Nice advice!
2017-12-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I was having the same doubts, but choose to use my smartphone for now.
The CS seemed too pricey for 'just' a monitor. Although it seems a great one.
Right now I am thinking of upgrading my old Samsung Note 10.1 for a Tab S3 (with the pencil).
That one I use every day for work purpose, so I have it with me all the time.
I like to have multi purpose devices
2017-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules