3 or 5 Shutter Burst Bracketing for HDRs?
1753 6 2014-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, you already have the option to snap off multiple photos in burst mode. And you already have the ability to set exposure compensation. So it seems like a logical request, and a feasible software fix to allow for a bracketing option. I would like to be able to set the Phantom on 3 photo burst mode (for example), set the exposure compensation where I'd like it, then set "Bracketing" to on. Then when I take the photo I would like the first photo to be under exposed by -1, -0.5, whatever... the second shot to be where I have it set, and the third shot to be over exposed by +1, +0.5, whatever. Then I can combine in HDR software in post.

Unless, of course, the exposure compensation is currently just making a change in the software as it stands now, and not actually changing the exposure of the image. If that's the case than my request is a moot point. I am not sure how exposure compensation is currently achieving it's result. Anyone know? It is slightly increasing shutter speed to over expose? Or dies it just brighten the image in software? No clue.

Anyway, that's my request. It seems like a good way to achieve some more dynamic images.

2014-10-22
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi Tony, thanks for your valuable suggestion. We will take it to our R&D for evaluate.
2014-10-28
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Do I get credit for this awesome idea? haha
And by credit I mean in USD? haha
2014-10-28
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Wow~~~That's a big big 'credit‘. I just noticed that you have 689 credits, maybe in the future there would be a reward according to the credits. Thanks again Tony~~~
2014-10-28
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-10-29 10:52
Do I get credit for this awesome idea? haha
And by credit I mean in USD? haha

689?? Wow you've been busy! I thought I was doing OK with 195
Nice work Tony. I wonder what the credits ate for anyway. "DJI Money"? Not so sure ha
2014-10-29
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Gonna save up and get a Phantom 3 Vision+ w/ 4k Camera and Telescopic Zoom Lens. haha
2014-10-30
Use props
gary
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-10-28 19:22
Hi Tony, thanks for your valuable suggestion. We will take it to our R&D for evaluate.

Along the same lines as Tony's question. I think it would be great to be able to customize the 3 or 5 picture capture. The question is: what does the burst offer now. How is each picture different from the others in the burst? If the exposure is different, what is the difference. Also, when I take the 5 picture capture, why is it only in jpg and not raw?
2015-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules