Spark in NYC ???
2391 8 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marikello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59537 ft
Ireland

Hey guys. Going to NYC for holidays in March. I know still have time,but I do some planning already. So question, maybe someone will know for sure, is it allowed to fly spark in there? Or better just leave it home
2017-12-4
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Looks like it is not allowed. NYC is/was suing Casey Neistat for flying his drone there without a permit. If you do fly there be careful where you post the video so you do not get cracked.
2017-12-4
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

I think Neistat was getting sued because he's flying his drones for commercial purposes. If you're doing it recreationally I think you can. Just depends on where you're at. Having said that, there aren't too many  places in NYC wheee there aren't a ton of people where you can also keep line of sight. FAA might frown on it haha. Not sure if Central Park would be an options, but there are a lot of open spaces there.
2017-12-4
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

New York City specifically has a number of Model Aircraft Fields that are legal to fly in. Other than the areas listed below, you are not allowed to fly a drone anywhere else in the city:

Calvert Vaux
Marine Park
Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Forest Park
La Tourette Park (Greenbelt)

https://www.dronethusiast.com/drone-laws-in-new-york/
2017-12-4
Use props
krisp-spark
lvl.4
Australia

I can't say for sure, but I would say that NYC is a no-fly zone.
In Sydney, for example, you can't fly a drone in the CBD or Harbour sector, under, close to or over the Harbour Bridge. This is a controlled area and you are not allowed to fly there without clearance. If you do and get caught, you are in big trouble (up to $9000 fines). There are few videos on YT with footage of (illegal) Sydney Harbour and I would definitely like to have some footage like that too, but it's just not worth the risk.
You can obtain a permit & clearance from Air Traffic Control to fly there, but you need to have a commercial licence in order to do so.
2017-12-4
Use props
krisp-spark
lvl.4
Australia

And if you would like some aerial footage, I would recommend to take a helicopter tour, it's not that expensive and it is a great experience. Preferably later in the afternoon.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please contact the local authority and read more info through our website: https://www.faa.gov/uas/. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-4
Use props
marikello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59537 ft
Ireland

Thanks all for comments. Probably will leave spark  home hahh... Too much trouble. Thanks all.
2017-12-5
Use props
Locationscout_B
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

With this laws I would go in the underground with my Spark in NY, like this  https://www.google.de/search?q=o ... iw=1001&bih=529

a closed underground line station.
2017-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules