1060 5 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa6b19234
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92657 ft
United States

Longtime reader, firstime poster...

I was flying my Mavic Pro a week or so ago and took a somewhat rough "landing" on a combination of the roof and pine tree.  There was no visable damage to the Mavic except for the gimbal protector popping off.

However, after dusting it off and flying again, the gimbal doesn't rotate straight up and down anymore.  Using the wheel to change the viewing angle not only moves the camera up and down, but also at about a 30 degree angle. Not only is the view messed up, but this will have effects on the flight that make me uneasy about doing much of anything with the drone.

I've seen some comments on various posts about the ribbon wire, but from what I can see without taking the drone apart, everything looks connected and undamaged.

Any advice on how to get this corrected?
2017-12-5
Use props
ANCW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275072 ft
Singapore

Try doing a gimbal calibration first.. if fail.. den refresh the firmware and do again..
2017-12-5
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Check to make sure that the gimbal is seated correctly. It should be under the tabs front and back.
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi sir, please refer to the tutorial below and see if the gimbal is mounting properly on the plate, and like 2# mentioned, try to calibrate the gimbal. If it doesn't help, please provide us with a video of this case so we can check further on it. Thank you.
2017-12-6
Use props
FlyingBearcat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92657 ft
United States

Thanks guys! I'm not completely sure how it caused the problems that it did, but the elusive rear hook wasn't properly holding the gimbal. The camera (and the drone) seem to now be working well!

Thanks for the advice, and I'm glad it was an easy fix!
2017-12-6
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Always wonderful when the fix turns out to be a simple one.  I've had my share.  
2017-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules