P4 Shell Cracking
859 5 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yeldarb123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1376312 ft
Australia

I have noticed many posts about the P4 shell cracking in the same place and I would like to know if anyone has had any dealings on this matter and what the outcome was when they sent their bird in for repairs?

2017-12-5
Use props
Yeldarb123
lvl.1
Australia

Once that first thin strip of plastic covering the vent broke large cracks have started to appear as per the image.

2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Yeldarb, just to verify, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? If not, please send it in for repair: http://www.dji.com/support. The local team will offer you the corresponding solutions according to the damage assessment if it's still in warranty period.
2017-12-5
Use props
Yeldarb123
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-5 23:43
Hi Yeldarb, just to verify, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? If not, please send it in for repair: http://www.dji.com/support. The local team will offer you the corresponding solutions according to the damage assessment if it's still in warranty period.

No crash or hard landing Susan. My question was to ascertain if it’s worth sending my P4 to DJI or returning it to the supplier given its 5 months young with only 24 hours on the clock when these cracks started to appear. I was not aware of any issues with the P4 shell until I did the Google thing and it’s not very encouraging what I have read.
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Yeldarb123 Posted at 2017-12-5 23:53
No crash or hard landing Susan. My question was to ascertain if it’s worth sending my P4 to DJI or returning it to the supplier given its 5 months young with only 24 hours on the clock when these cracks started to appear. I was not aware of any issues with the P4 shell until I did the Google thing and it’s not very encouraging what I have read.

Thanks for the clarification. I do not suggest yo continue to fly with the cracks. As the drone is still in warranty period, I'd suggest to send it to the local service center for warranty claim. Alternatively, you can contact the dealer and let them report in the dealer system, our colleagues will take care of it.
2017-12-7
Use props
Yeldarb123
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks for your response Susan.  I will speak to the sales outlet on Monday about a full refund and if successful I will look at a different model that is not prone to cracking.
2017-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules