Osmo power flashing red, then solid, then gimbal powers down
6833 9 2017-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Massball
lvl.1
United States

My osmo powers up, power light flashes green, then flashes red, then solid red and the gimbal powers down. No idea what to do. Cannot connect to wifi (doesnt appear in wifi list).

Any help much appreciated.

2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Massball, please check if the communication between the battery and the handle is abnormal.
Please try to wipe the copper sheet inside the battery compartment with 95% alcohol and cotton swab. Let the alcohol air dry.
If it does not work, wipe the battery contact with alcohol and cotton swab.
2017-12-7
Use props
Massball
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-7 02:31
Hi, Massball, please check if the communication between the battery and the handle is abnormal.
Please try to wipe the copper sheet inside the battery compartment with 95% alcohol and cotton swab. Let the alcohol air dry.
If it does not work, wipe the battery contact with alcohol and cotton swab.

Hi there, thanks for the prompt response.

The metal contacts for the battery and inside the osmo were already clean but I went ahead and cleaned them anyway like you suggested, I have three healthy batteries and they all still give the same error.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Massball Posted at 2017-12-7 13:37
Hi there, thanks for the prompt response.

The metal contacts for the battery and inside the osmo were already clean but I went ahead and cleaned them anyway like you suggested, I have three healthy batteries and they all still give the same error.

In this case, we suggest to send in the Osmo to repair center for diagnosis, it could be the bad communication between them. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-12-8
Use props
Massball
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-8 02:14
In this case, we suggest to send in the Osmo to repair center for diagnosis, it could be the bad communication between them. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

How do I do that?
2017-12-8
Use props
fansfbeed58d
New
Portugal

Hi I live in Portugal and also my osmo mobile is not working with the same problems.
How do I send it back for diagnosis?
Looking forward to have your prompt reply.
Best
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Please fill in online repair request form here if it is available in your country: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
If not, please contact our support to start a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-12-10
Use props
jordier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58760 ft
Spain

I usually have this problem and I have solved by putting a small thickness in the lid of the battery compartment to make more pressure and works perfectly.
2018-2-1
Use props
Glen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 572454 ft

SOLVED!!! Try padding out the battery compartment, it worked for me Thanks Jordier
image.jpg
2019-9-7
Use props
JARATENG
New

Kenya

My device has not been working for over a year. Today, I just cleaned the battery contacts, gimbal contacts using an ear bud using hand sanitizer and its working.
2020-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules