Updated firmware and not have System Error light
1241 5 2015-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mcoda92
lvl.1
United States

I update my firmware about one hour ago.  After updating the firmware successfully (I got 2 successful .txt files one for controller and one for the Inspire) I turned my drone on to look for new features in the Pilot app I now have a solid red status indicator light on the Inspire.  The Pilot app confirms firmware is up to date.  I have tried reinstalling the firmware and gotten 'abort .txt files confirming the firmware package is the same as already installed.

What can I do to fix this issue?  I haven't found any guidelines.  Please help.
2015-4-15
Use props
River 1
New

United States

I know this sounds insane but take your props off and then start your motors .. as they might be locked .. once unlocked that should fix the system errors notice .. and no I not drinking!
2015-4-15
Use props
hcpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33763 ft
United States

Just turn aircraft off and back on! Remote too!!! that should take of it! OH also the red light will stay on until you calibrate the aircraft!!!
2015-4-15
Use props
jafarsd720
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59777 ft

South Korea

You might have figured this out by now, but you need to calibrate the compass, you can do it without the pilot app if you don't have access to a phone or tablet, just make sure that the aircraft and the controller are both on and the controller is connected ( the status indicator should be green), and then flip the flight mode switch about 10 times from P to F until the aircraft LED turns yellow, then you can start calibration as you normally would, then the red light warning indicator should get turned off and yould be ready to fly, hope this helps.
2015-4-15
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had the same problem, I calibrated compass and did the usual reboot;  bird, remote, app and tablet, and still the same solid red light even though it was saying safe to fly with full GPS bars.
My solution was, start the bird up, swipe auto take off and then it came up with agree to unlock motors message, agreed.
Red solid turned to green and all good to go, took off and checked orientation all solid and stable,  re landed and rebooted to be safe,
flew I full battery no probs, no GPS drop outs, no gimbal twitch,
all good, fingers x'd,
2015-4-15
Use props
areischauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 257382 ft
United States

Is everyone using the 1.0.3 ios app or the older 1.0.2 version?  Any improvements?  I like having the extra video transmission channels on the older version.
2015-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules