Bug in ver. 4.1.18 for android
826 2 2017-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomCat64
New

United States

Hey guys,

I just updated to perversion 4.1.18 on my Samsung Note 4 edge and the Button customization for the C1 and C2 won't allow it to change functions.  If you work for DJI in software updating and are reading this then please fix this, thanks.

Also, since I took the quiz that came along with this update, I have a question for the CEO of DJI:

What Federal Court recently ruled that the FAA's mandatory registration regulation for model aircraft is UNLAWFUL?

"The FAA’s Registration Rule violates Section 336 of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act. We grant Taylor’s petition for review of the Registration Rule, and we vacate the Registration Rule to the extent it applies to model aircraft."

If you guessed:

United States Court of Appeals
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA CIRCUIT
Argued March 14, 2017 Decided May 19, 2017
No. 15-1495
JOHN A. TAYLOR,
PETITIONER
v.
MICHAEL P. HUERTA, AS ADMINISTRATOR, FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION,
RESPONDENT
Consolidated with 16-1008, 16-1011
On Petitions for Review of Orders
of the Federal Aviation Administration

Then you are correct.  

Question 2:  If you are only using your model for recreational purposes then are you required to register your drone with the FAA?

Answer according to the United States Court of Appeals:  NO.

TomCat64

2017-12-8
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Looks like your question will soon be out of date:

FAA’s Registration Requirement for UAS
We are writing to update you on the FAA’s registration requirement. Today, Congress finalized legislation that will reverse the earlier court ruling in the John Taylor case and restore the FAA’s UAS registration requirement, including for AMA members.

We expect this legislation – the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2018 – to go through final passage in the House and Senate, and to the President’s desk, soon.  AMA members will be required by the federal government to comply with the registration rule once it is in effect again. We will update you when this happens.

While we have always said registration makes sense at some level, we have pushed for a more reasonable threshold and argued that if registration is to be implemented, the criteria, threshold and implementation should go through rulemaking.

We continue to work closely with Congress, the FAA and other stakeholders to determine the best path forward now that UAS registration will be reinstituted. This process will take time but, as always, we are doing everything we can to advocate for our members and protect the model aircraft hobby.

Thank you,

AMA Government Relations

November 9, 2017
AMA Blog
2017-12-8
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

With all the money Pres Trump threw at the FAA for drone research there is going to be a lot of changes coming in 2018 and beyond. So taking a lousy 9 question test is nothing for what is coming up i think.
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules