Autofocus or manual in photogrammetry
3018 5 2017-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sebastien83
lvl.3

Japan

Hi everyone,
I d know what the correct way to take pictures in photogrammetry.
I use the auto mode but sometimes my pictures are blurred especially over the trees. I usually fly the drone over a point tap on the screen to set the focus then I lock it. But sometimes the altitude is different so my pictures are blurred.
What are your settings ?
Which one is the best the green square (autofocus) or the yellow circle (exposure) ?

Thank you
2017-12-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why would you manually take the pictures?
Use an app like Dronedeploy and it's all done for you much faster.
The lens on the P4 pro has so much depth of field that focus should not matter much
2017-12-9
Use props
normandmenard
lvl.1
Canada

I have the same issue using the GS Pro app for 3D mapping.  I have the Matrice 200 with x4s camera.  My last mission was fuzzy out of focus flying a project site over bare ground.  Today I tried tap focus and it seemed to work fine over the open area until I got over a forested area and the trees are all out of focus.  I"m not sure how to rectify this?
2017-12-9
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.3

Japan

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-9 00:46
Why would you manually take the pictures?
Use an app like Dronedeploy and it's all done for you much faster.
The lens on the P4 pro has so much depth of field that focus should not matter much

Thank you, I ve never tried Dronedeploy so I ll take a look.
I taught the focus should not matter but even from a high altitude the pictures are out of focus.
2017-12-10
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.3

Japan

normandmenard Posted at 2017-12-9 15:08
I have the same issue using the GS Pro app for 3D mapping.  I have the Matrice 200 with x4s camera.  My last mission was fuzzy out of focus flying a project site over bare ground.  Today I tried tap focus and it seemed to work fine over the open area until I got over a forested area and the trees are all out of focus.  I"m not sure how to rectify this?

I tried with the sport mode and it looks good. I need more try to confirm it. I think it s strange.
do you tap on the screen when the drone is flying to set focus ?
2017-12-10
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.3

Japan

normandmenard Posted at 2017-12-9 15:08

I think I ve got it.
On DJI GS Pro, set your flight path, tape on the video screen (on the bottom of the right corner). On the video settings bar you will see a yellow circle, tape on it to choose the green square (it s the autofocus).
Make sure before starting a mission that green square is on, also, if you change the battery during your mission, the default settings will come back, change the yellow circle (exposure) to the green square (autofocus).
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules