DJI GO 4 app extremely unstable on iPhone X
918 11 2017-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rolin
lvl.2
Bulgaria

My first post here...
Not a newbie, I've built a dozen racing quads, but definitely new to DJI products.
So, I set up everything according to the tutorials, charged all batteries, updated all firmwares.
Went flying today for a first time with DJI and the first fly was quite ok (my ony issue is that the
quad doesn't return to exactly the same location when fly home is acticated, but that's minor).
The problem is that after the first flight, the DJI GO 4 app can't stay active on my iPhone X for
more than 20 seconds. It doens't matter if the drone or the remotes are on. It just closes itself
in 10-20 sec. I tried restarting the phone, doesn't help at all. As you would understand,
the whole product is useless in this situation, I defintely don't want to use it with the gimicky gestures.
Anyone with the same experience?

Regards
2017-12-9
Use props
fans6226615e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69098 ft
United States

I am having the same experience with an iPhone 6.  All DJI Spark firmware is up today and all phone IOS software and app is up to date.   I tried reinstalling it and other things, but it still crashes for me too.  I will have to buy a third party app for reliability.   
2017-12-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Don’t know if they are still working on problems with X and spark, I know there are some reporting problems and others claiming it’s working fine, have you tried it in airplane mode and Bluetooth turned off?
2017-12-9
Use props
rolin
lvl.2
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-9 08:57
Don’t know if they are still working on problems with X and spark, I know there are some reporting problems and others claiming it’s working fine, have you tried it in airplane mode and Bluetooth turned off?

Airplane mode and Bluetooth from the very beginning.
2017-12-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which version of IOS?  
2017-12-9
Use props
Jimbobawob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22051 ft
United Kingdom

I've had the same problem recently with a 6S. I read another thread on here and updated the iOS to 11.2 and then re installed the Go4 app. It seams to have cured the problem for me, so far...
2017-12-9
Use props
fansabb4780b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 365502 ft
Netherlands

Going from Phantom to Spark, new app, and stops after 20 secs, so deleted the app, and downloaded again, and 20 secs later, the app stops. First I was thinking that the remote was pushing the home button, but this was not the case.

Anyone got Advice...
DJI reading, please update the app (and put course lock back in the menu)......
2017-12-9
Use props
TomJ
lvl.2
United States

It looks like updating my phone to IOS 11.2 worked, so far.
2017-12-9
Use props
rolin
lvl.2
Bulgaria

TomJ Posted at 2017-12-9 11:07
It looks like updating my phone to IOS 11.2 worked, so far.

For me too. At least the app is running longer than 20sec. Will try in flight tomorrow.
Thank you guys.
2017-12-9
Use props
hostar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481211 ft

Germany

I had the same issue today. App crashing all the time. Updated IOS to 11.2 and reinstalled the app. Everything perfect from there.
2017-12-9
Use props
fans1e8f4526
New
United States

Same problem here today. The last time I used DJI Go 4 with my Spark it worked fine. Today it keeps shutting down. But the big, big problem is that now it wants me to complete the quiz, but the software keeps shutting down before I can complete it. What has changed and how can it be changed back? I'm using an iPhone 5S with iOS 11.1.2. I will upgrade to 11.2. This is frustrating and has grounded my Spark.
2017-12-9
Use props
TomJ
lvl.2
United States

I just did 3 complete flights after updated to IOS 11.2 and had no problems.  It must have been Apple causing this.  I'm happy to be flying without the crashing app issue!
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules