bought drone from DJI via newegg, fedex lost it
1190 10 2017-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mechcondrid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35869 ft
United States

so i bought a refurb mavic pro from the dji official online store via newegg during the sale this last week for $699 and it was shipped out from the atlanta, ga facility and fedex delivered it to the entirely wrong address; they went back to the address and the residents (who know us as this has happened a number of times; our house number is 463 theirs is 436) and they told both us and the fedex driver that they never got a package and they dont have anyone that would have been there that fits the description of a guy in his late 20s.
so fedex has said that they will go back monday with police to file charges and see if that turns anything up.
but in the mean time i am now out a drone and newegg will likely only offer a refund trying to say that there are no more drones (which makes no sense since the dji site has refurbs almost year round)
so what are my options in getting a replacement since this was in fact bought and shipped from the atlanta DJI facility?
i do have the signature image capture and i can get a statement from fedex about all this as well as (come monday) a copy of the police report
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Sir, we're sorry to hear your unpleasant experience. Could you tell us your order number in Newegg? We'll check the exact status and try our best to help you.
2017-12-9
Use props
Mechcondrid
lvl.4
United States

the order number is 252827479

2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mechcondrid Posted at 2017-12-9 22:46
the order number is 252827479

Hi, thanks for your quick update, we are confirming with Sales Team about the further resolution, I will come back to you soon, thanks for the patience.
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Update: our Sales Team is working on your order, we will have someone to contact you after confirming with Fedex, hope the issue will get sorted out soon.
2017-12-11
Use props
Mechcondrid
lvl.4
United States

is there a phone number for whoever is in charge for the newegg store? the number listed on newegg for customer support is not a valid number and the extension listed is also not valid if i call the main USA support phone number

in the most recent email i got from them via newegg they said that a claim was filed and they are "waiting on the final status of the refund" but i talked to fedex and the refund was already paid out when a kara from dji called them and filed the claim with them.

i dont want a refund of my order i want a replacement drone shipped out!
it is not my fault or problem that fedex lost the drone, if that means sending a new one then that's what needs to be done; its hardly fair to say "oh well heres your money back, tough s**t if you dont like it", and is beyond bad customer service
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mechcondrid Posted at 2017-12-15 06:06
is there a phone number for whoever is in charge for the newegg store? the number listed on newegg for customer support is not a valid number and the extension listed is also not valid if i call the main USA support phone number

in the most recent email i got from them via newegg they said that a claim was filed and they are "waiting on the final status of the refund" but i talked to fedex and the refund was already paid out when a kara from dji called them and filed the claim with them.

Hi there, sorry for the trouble caused, we are confirming with related team for the current status of the order and the contact number, but it is weekend now and the reply may be delayed, I will keep you updated soon, thanks for the patience.
2017-12-16
Use props
Mechcondrid
lvl.4
United States

is there any update? i have not gotten any reply from the person responsible for the newegg.com store front
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mechcondrid Posted at 2017-12-19 06:48
is there any update? i have not gotten any reply from the person responsible for the newegg.com store front

Hi, Mechcondrid, the team is communicating with FeDex for the claim, please allow us some time, the team will also contact you for the progress, appreciate your patience.
2017-12-19
Use props
Mechcondrid
lvl.4
United States

so at about 10pm last night i got a call from the local police telling me that they recovered the drone from the other house that fedex said it was delivered to and it was waiting at the police station for me to pick it up.

so i guess never mind on the replacement now, the box was not opened at all but was a little wet; nothing inside was damaged as far as the drone and its parts though so everything works.
have not had a chance to fly it yet just charge it up and mess around with settings; the only thing is that for some reason the dji go app wont register the drone by scanning its qr code. said it "cant identify" the qr code.
ended up having to switch the drone into wifi and connecting just the phone and that activated it.

2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Mechcondrid Posted at 2017-12-20 15:47
so at about 10pm last night i got a call from the local police telling me that they recovered the drone from the other house that fedex said it was delivered to and it was waiting at the police station for me to pick it up.

so i guess never mind on the replacement now, the box was not opened at all but was a little wet; nothing inside was damaged as far as the drone and its parts though so everything works.

Glad to hear that you've finally received it.  For the Mavic, it can't be activated by scanning QR code. Here are some tutorial videos on Youtube, I think they might help, here is a link below for your reference, hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX
2017-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules