Mavic Pro still flying after "crash" - internal damage maybe?
1115 2 2017-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
altermaan
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello everyone!

I did something very stupid today: I accidentally flew my Mavic Pro into my bed while trying to show it to a friend (don't ask...). After it hit the frame (or the mattress, not sure which came first, but probably the frame) with the right rear propeller, the motors stopped and it basically made a somersault onto the mattress (also not entirely sure which happened first).
Luckily, aside from the right rear wings I did not discover any visible damage to the drone . Also, it's still flying normally in my opinion. Now, the question is:

Do you think the motor(s) (at least the right rear one) or other component(s) might have taken some internal damage I'm not seeing? Is there any way to run a hardware test (similar to Apple's AHT, for example) to check for possible internal damages? My fear is that everything seems fine until at some point the Mavic starts acting up while high up in the air, hundreds of meters away, which I'd like to avoid!

What do you think?

Cheers,

Daniel
2017-12-9
Use props
CalvinC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267831 ft
United States

As far as the motor goes, I would inspect the bearing since you've mentioned that the propeller got hit. I also fly helicopters, whenever there is an accident the bearings usually need to be replaced.
2017-12-9
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it's still flying, hovering, etc and no alerts showing on the RC, then you're good to go. If there was an issue, you definitely would've known about pretty much instantly.

Definitely wouldnt recommend trying to fly the MP indoors; lesson learned.
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules