DJI Care
1700 15 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LAphil
lvl.2
United States

Hi there,

Wondering if anybody took advantage of the DJI Care Refresh cover?

$50 seems an ok charge but I've read a few things about DJI Customer service leaving a lot to be desired so wonder if anybody has any experience of using it.

By the looks of things, if my Spark goes loopy and flies off, they give me a replacement. That alone makes it sounds interesting.

Anybody with any real world experience on this?

Cheers
2017-12-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I have bought it as a precautionary measure because Spark is my first real drone and has its price. I have not needed it yet and actually hope I never will. If you crash your Spark, it will be replaced indeed. But a fundamental (and understandable) condition for this is that you retrieve your broken Spark and send it back to DJI. If you let your Spark "fly off" as you decribed it, your care refresh will fly off with it. Only in very exceptional cases I have so far seen exceptions made to this rule.
2017-12-12
Use props
LAphil
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-12 14:02
I have bought it as a precautionary measure because Spark is my first real drone and has its price. I have not needed it yet and actually hope I never will. If you crash your Spark, it will be replaced indeed. But a fundamental (and understandable) condition for this is that you retrieve your broken Spark and send it back to DJI. If you let your Spark "fly off" as you decribed it, your care refresh will fly off with it. Only in very exceptional cases I have so far seen exceptions made to this rule.

Ah - got it.
I wasn't planning on letting it fly off.. more just concerned about the issues where the drone has decided it wants to go on a vacation and then heads off without warning, never to be seen again
2017-12-12
Use props
Vulcan-XH554
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

I bought my first serious quad today, so I'll be tagging along here for the responses (within the obligatory 48 hours of course ).
2017-12-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

LAphil Posted at 2017-12-12 14:12
Ah - got it.
I wasn't planning on letting it fly off.. more just concerned about the issues where the drone has decided it wants to go on a vacation and then heads off without warning, never to be seen again

You should not overestimate these reports, most of the time there are clear reasons for this to happen. Only very few of them are real malfunction cases and get coverage under warranty. Care refresh is mostly for crashes caused by pilot errors which can always happen for a new user. I have had two or three  "abrupt landings" already, but fortunately without damage ;-)
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. I would recommend users read carefully about DJI Care from our website: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare/info#dji-care-info-s3. Here are some scenarios under warranty with DJI Care.
DJI CARE.png
2017-12-12
Use props
LAphil
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-12 18:41
Hi, guys. I would recommend users read carefully about DJI Care from our website: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare/info#dji-care-info-s3. Here are some scenarios under warranty with DJI Care.

Thanks for this. Looks like the page is out of date.. there is no mention of the Spark being covered
2017-12-13
Use props
DarylMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7537661 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-12 14:02
I have bought it as a precautionary measure because Spark is my first real drone and has its price. I have not needed it yet and actually hope I never will. If you crash your Spark, it will be replaced indeed. But a fundamental (and understandable) condition for this is that you retrieve your broken Spark and send it back to DJI. If you let your Spark "fly off" as you decribed it, your care refresh will fly off with it. Only in very exceptional cases I have so far seen exceptions made to this rule.

My lost, then found Spark is at DJI in California awaiting diagnostics.  I have DJI care, but since they now have the lost Spark I am hoping that it qualifies for warranty replacement.
2017-12-13
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

DarylMax Posted at 2017-12-13 06:47
My lost, then found Spark is at DJI in California awaiting diagnostics.  I have DJI care, but since they now have the lost Spark I am hoping that it qualifies for warranty replacement.

Definitely yes. What needs to be checked by DJI is whether it falls under warranty or if you have to use Care. Either or, you are on the safe side.
2017-12-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DarylMax Posted at 2017-12-13 06:47

Every cloud has a silver lining.
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

LAphil Posted at 2017-12-13 06:19
Thanks for this. Looks like the page is out of date.. there is no mention of the Spark being covered

You are welcome. Please note that DJI care refresh will support spark. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s1. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-14
Use props
DarylMax
lvl.4
United States

I bought another Spark on black Friday before the lost one was found.   The recovered Spark is currently at DJI in California, being stuck in the 1-3 days damage assessment for over 5 days. I said I'll just use my DJI care refresh if you will speed up the process. DJI said I'd have an invoice "For sure" on Friday. I didn't ask which Friday......grrrrr
2017-12-17
Use props
DarylMax
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-13 06:49
Definitely yes. What needs to be checked by DJI is whether it falls under warranty or if you have to use Care. Either or, you are on the safe side.

Being covered under warranty.  whew
2017-12-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

DarylMax Posted at 2017-12-18 10:17
Being covered under warranty.  whew

Wow, you got that response? Congratulations!
2017-12-18
Use props
DarylMax
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-18 13:19
Wow, you got that response? Congratulations!

Repair complete, now awaiting shipment!
2017-12-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Great to hear!
2017-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now