2628 10 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZiggyM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132566 ft
Australia

Hi Guys.
It is like buying a lemon not a P4P+. I bought it online from Melbourne company. It looks like they are using direct import from China. Originally I registered drone without any problems. I had  a problem with batteries which still not solved (left them in the hub while going away for over a month on position "STORAGE" where they should be kept at 50% charge. They were discharged to zero (all 3 of them). Original display do not allowing third party applications (just bought video lessons for P4 and 90% are for Litchi.
Now I have a display coming asking for Main Land China telephone number and verification code to complete the registration.  Anyone has any idea how to go around it?
Looks like my investment turned to be real McCoy. Can't even express my disgust. What a waste of money. Meanwhile I invested in drone pilot licence so maybe I can drive my bike using it. What a disgusting mess.
2017-12-13
Use props
ZiggyM
lvl.2
Australia

Managed to re-set system to factory setting and it is letting me into fly mode....not asking anymore about Chinese phone number.
2017-12-14
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Nice to hear !! Then .. it is solved ?? Good day There  !!!
2017-12-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sounds like the company you bought the P4P+ from is a grey marketer, you will have to do all warranty work through them unfortunately. most probably offshore.

For the battery storage.  did you have the battery tray plugged into the P4P+ battery charger, the storage function on works if the charger is turned on
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Ziggy, nice to know you have get rid of the phone number verification. Regarding the batteries, please try to use the original charger to charge for a certain time and see whether there is any reaction.
2017-12-15
Use props
Focus39
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have just bought the obsidian 4P+. Unbelievably it has the same issues after all of these months. This may be going back to my supplier this coming week if not resolved.
2017-12-17
Use props
Focus39
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have to retract the previous post because believe it or not after a number of firmware and software updates all seems to be working. Had to download the UK maps though. As it is chucking it down test flight will have two wait a couple of days but I have to say that progress has been made. I just hope that it doesn't revert to the Chinese scenario again. I had to go through a full reset and clear down of caches etc.
The plus controller seems very good but time will tell. It would be a great advancement if DJI could tidy up the setup and updates facility as a degree of ESP is needed. Anyway I am hoping for some happy flying shortly.
2017-12-17
Use props
Nancycloitre
lvl.1
France

I live in France and we have the same problem . Can you confirm me if we have to : erase the factory setting  ??? And after did we lose all the details of the PH4 pro +, thanks, Nancy
2017-12-20
Use props
ZiggyM
lvl.2
Australia

Nancycloitre Posted at 2017-12-20 05:49
I live in France and we have the same problem . Can you confirm me if we have to : erase the factory setting  ??? And after did we lose all the details of the PH4 pro +, thanks, Nancy

Sorry for the late reply.... just this one sorted itself after resetting system  to factory setting and updating all the firmware again
2017-12-30
Use props
fans6a7f6b3d
New

Bermuda

I'm having the same is about China number please help
2018-1-13
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

I had the China thing a while back with my P4P+ and the reason was a weak or no gps , i booted up indoors [ garage ]to change some settings  but because the system didn't know where it was it reverted to default  which is China [even had all the maps in Chinese ] . the solution for me was to reboot outside where the Gps was good and where there was no metal messing with the compass .
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules