Spark no link to RC, Wifi not present
2337 15 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
astronyu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112835 ft
Malaysia

I recently bought a DJI Spark Fly More Combo on 11th  December 2017. Right after I  activated my New Spark, DJI Go 4 app says something about wireless and  regions. I tap OK and later turned the drone and RC off as I'm off  traveling back for a vacation. Arrived in my vacation destination, I  unpacked the drone and want to take a few shots and videos but noticed  there was no link from the controller to the Spark, tried to look for  drone's wifi but none was listed. The drone's camera and gimbal wasn't doing its usual self check when it was powered on, they weren't moving at all and can be moved freely with fingers as if they're off.  

No matter what I do at this  point I cannot get the Remote to re-link with the Spark.  I have tried  pressing the power button 3/6/9 seconds to reset the Spark but there was  no beeps at all. I tried linking, tried linking from DJI Go 4 App  either connected to Spark or Remote, Standalone with nothing connected  to either, etc....No luck.  Controller just remains in the Green light  beeping state trying to link while the Spark front lights stays red and  rear lights showing fast blinking yellow. I'm able to connect to the RC  but no luck connecting the remote to the spark or mobile to spark.

Disclaimer:  The drone is new unit, aged 1 week, maximum altitude flew was hovering at about <2m  and has no history of crashing.

Can anyone suggest what else can I try to get it to work?
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Astronyu, sorry to read on this, did you upgrade the drone firmware before? Are you able to connect the drone to the DJI Assistant 2? Please try to upgrade or refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, see if it helps. If it persists, could you please provide a video of this issue for better assistance?
2017-12-14
Use props
astronyu
lvl.1
Malaysia

At the time I upgraded first Spark and then the RC through DJI Go 4 ios app. Both update went without any errors and I was able to fly (hover) the spark using RC.

Only after I try to fly it again after a several hours of travel the RC doesn't seems to be connected to the spark (red light on RC, front red and rear blinking yellow on spark)
I tried connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 on a Mac and Windows but was not being detected on both.

2017-12-15
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

check with a different usb port on your pc
2017-12-15
Use props
astronyu
lvl.1
Malaysia

S.J Posted at 2017-12-15 02:31
check with a different usb port on your pc

Tried on both Mac (2 usb ports) and Windows (10 usb ports) and none detected the spark.
Not to mention the camera and gimbal did not self check.
2017-12-15
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

in thise case do the following steps stictly.
1. keep mobile in flight mode
2.turn on spark and press power button till u here three beeps.
3. Immediately switch off the spark.
4. Switch on the spark and press the power button until u here 1 beep.
5 RC must be switch on and press pause , fn and unknown button simultaneosly to start the green light flashing.
it will link correctly.
2017-12-15
Use props
astronyu
lvl.1
Malaysia

S.J Posted at 2017-12-15 11:30
in thise case do the following steps stictly.
1. keep mobile in flight mode
2.turn on spark and press power button till u here three beeps.

Thank you but there was no beeps at all. RC enters linking mode fine though.
2017-12-18
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

good that you have solved your problem.
2017-12-18
Use props
astronyu
lvl.1
Malaysia

S.J Posted at 2017-12-18 21:59
good that you have solved your problem.

I did not solve the problem. Just merely saying RC is not the problem I'm having with, the Spark is.

Summary, spark still has issue.
Summary, spark still can't link with RC or mobile
Summary, spark can't be reset using 3/6/9 seconds power button
2017-12-27
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

astronyu Posted at 2017-12-27 09:44
I did not solve the problem. Just merely saying RC is not the problem I'm having with, the Spark is.

Summary, spark still has issue.

in this case do the following steps strictly.

1. Keep mobile in flight mode. Turn OFF Bluetooth.
2.turn on spark and wait for the yellow flash light . Then press power button till u hear three beeps.
3. Then Immediately switch off the spark.( very important step)
4. Then Switch ON the spark and wait for Yellow flash light . Then  press the power button until u here 1 beep.
5 Then RC must be switch on and press the three combination buttons on the RC  to start the green light flashing.
It will link correctly.
2017-12-27
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

astronyu Posted at 2017-12-15 08:30
Tried on both Mac (2 usb ports) and Windows (10 usb ports) and none detected the spark.
Not to mention the camera and gimbal did not self check.

Just in case your not doing this , when you are connecting to the USB and PC , the Spark needs to be turned on for it be recognised
2017-12-27
Use props
Jclare25 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 696 ft
United States

MY RC is not sending out a Wifi Code and will not enter link mode with the 3 button press combo. Does any one know why this is! all i get from the RC is a fast red light, when i pres the 3 button combo nothing happens
2018-1-27
Use props
astronyu
lvl.1
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-27 13:58
Just in case your not doing this , when you are connecting to the USB and PC , the Spark needs to be turned on for it be recognised

Turns out my Spark was indeed having issues with the battery port or some sort according to DJI. Sent back to HK and got a new replacement.
2018-1-27
Use props
astronyu
lvl.1
United States

Jclare25 9 Posted at 2018-1-27 17:17
MY RC is not sending out a Wifi Code and will not enter link mode with the 3 button press combo. Does any one know why this is! all i get from the RC is a fast red light, when i pres the 3 button combo nothing happens

Looks like you're having the same issues as mine. I sent back mine to DJI and it was confirmed there was something wrong with the battery port or some sort and in turns I got a new replacement unit.
2018-1-27
Use props
Jclare25 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 696 ft
United States

astronyu Posted at 2018-1-27 17:30
Looks like you're having the same issues as mine. I sent back mine to DJI and it was confirmed there was something wrong with the battery port or some sort and in turns I got a new replacement unit.

2018-1-27
Use props
a4dev
lvl.1
Australia

I hae a similar problem.   When I power on the spark aircraft the status lights blink fast yellow.  I then press the battery battery function button for 3, 6 or 9 seconds but there is not beep and no effect.  
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules