Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark behaves absurd after a week storage
1500 10 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

I had left my Spark sitting for over a week with a full battery attached. This morning when I tried to fly the spark it went absurd. It started with the RC couldn't connect to the AC. I had to re-link the RC to the AC. Started indoor when wanted to play with it and the DJI Go app was all over the place. The battery was about 80 percent. The vision/obstacle sensor went on and off. The Screen showed no gps on the top left corner and eventually says atti mode but on the signal strength showed 4 satelite connected. When taking off the Spark  just dropped to the floor again. Restarted the phone, RC and AC and still no change. One second everything looks OK and the the next second it started doing it again. It also said that there was bluetooth interference and advised to turn all bluetooth devices nearby off. Shut all bluetooth devices in my house including the phone, still no change. Tried OTG and WI-Fi, brought it outdoor and no difference.
Updated the AC to the recent firmware and still no luck. Eventually I ran the battery down and had to install a new battery. The 2nd battery was also fully charged, together with the other one over a week ago, but was still showing 96 percent.

But after installing the 2nd battery everything was fixed. Flew inside with vision/obstacle sensors w/o problems. Took it outside, flew 120m up (max altitude), yawed, rolled flew 200 m away, went smooth with no glitches.

Now: was it because I left the battery to long on the AC?
Should I replaced it with a different battery or maybe detach and re-attach?
Or maybe a bad battery. I am charging it now. Will try again when fully charged and repost.

I wonder if anyone had experienced the same problem. I almost have this spark for 2 months and never had a problem.

2017-12-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The batteries decharge after about 10 days automaticly.
Seems to be between 7 and 10 days, when that starts.
4 sats will not get you a GPS flight. That needs ~10 minimum, I think.
Because it tells you how many sats it has, but not how many of these are GPS and Glosnass!

Did it "fly" to the ground, hit the ground twice, flew up a bit, hit the ground again once or twice and did not react on any impuls from the RC?
i had the same, my Spark is at DJI include the battery this happens 3 times in about 6 weeks.

I think also, that it is a battery problem. I hope DJI can find it.
And it may have to do with the auto recharge.
Which may cause trouble for the Spark, if used!
2017-12-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Here how my "hitting the ground' looks from Spark pov
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 151&fromuid=1051173

2017-12-17
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-17 08:47
The batteries decharge after about 10 days automaticly.
Seems to be between 7 and 10 days, when that starts.
4 sats will not get you a GPS flight. That needs ~10 minimum, I think.

That's exactly what my spark did this morning. Goes up and hits the ground as soon I left go the stick. Went side wards and hit walls. It wasn't reacting to any movement of my right stick. Seen warnings on my screen I never saw.
Probably something with the battery.

Thanks for the info about the GPS.
2017-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Once you have battery power this shouldn’t have anything to do with your problem, battery has nothing to do with loosing gps or your app, if you leave battery on for seven days and expect to get 100% out of it you won’t , a seven day charged battery will not be the same as a freshly charged 100% battery.
2017-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-17 08:50
Here how my "hitting the ground' looks from Spark pov
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 151&fromuid=1051173

Areas of mass concrete and metal not a great environment.
2017-12-17
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-17 09:58
Once you have battery power this shouldn’t have anything to do with your problem, battery has nothing to do with loosing gps or your app, if you leave battery on for seven days and expect to get 100% out of it you won’t , a seven day charged battery will not be the same as a freshly charged 100% battery.

I am aware of it. My issue is not the battery level. Is the behavior of the AC flying it again after more than 7 days sitting with full battery on it.
Trying to figure out why all the sudden get that absurd behavior.  
This is at my house where I usually flew the spark with no problem ever until this.

Thanks.
2017-12-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-17 09:59
Areas of mass concrete and metal not a great environment.

Flew there afterwards with another battery very well
And showed the same symtoms even in a green enviroment
Also it did not show any errors in the app

It is just not that simple, hallmark
2017-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-17 16:45
Flew there afterwards with another battery very well
And showed the same symtoms even in a green enviroment
Also it did not show any errors in the app

Ahh if you read the manual you will find it is as simple as that.
2017-12-17
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think you need 10 satellites for a gps fix, I don't think you can  get one indoors. Also obstacle sensors won't work in low light
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

lomo2017 Posted at 2017-12-17 09:54
That's exactly what my spark did this morning. Goes up and hits the ground as soon I left go the stick. Went side wards and hit walls. It wasn't reacting to any movement of my right stick. Seen warnings on my screen I never saw.
Probably something with the battery.

Hi, Lomo. Please export the flight data and black box for further analysis. I would recommend you upload the data to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules