7236 9 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FqiyfNy5YCWT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175482 ft
Australia

Hi,

I currently use the Mavic and nexus 6p and frustrating is an understatement regarding usability in terms of crashing. I feel DJI havent put enough resources into their android build, I have heard iOS is so much smoother and flawless.

Anyway, I am deciding with ipad mini to purchase, as I know that the version 1 cannot run DJI GO, and considering either 2 or 3. Does anyone use ipad mini currently with their DJI GO?
2017-12-17
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

At minimum...  a Mini4
2017-12-17
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Just bee sure it has GPS.
2017-12-17
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

iPad Mini 4 Cellular/WiFi just works a dream, and fits like a glove in RC
I do not have a SIM Card in the iPad.

I got the Cellular/WiFi version because of it's built in GPS.
When I need an Internet connection, I either:
Connect at home to do updates, or tether to my mobile when out.
2017-12-18
Use props
HyLenz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

My mini 2 32GB WiFi works real good, but i just upgraded to mini 4 128GB WiFi. I was not having any problems in particular, just wanted more power. All mini's fit the controller perfectly...
2017-12-18
Use props
Blizzard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173734 ft

Belgium

How many GB's are necessary for the iPad mini 4?
Is 16GB enough?
2017-12-18
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 772867 ft
United States

I just got a 16gb wifi cell version cause they are cheaper on the used market then the wifi version.  Anyway I have no issues and also had a 6p that was unusable.  Personally I don't cache a lot of video of do anything with the video on the ipad itself so the size is irrelevant to me.  Others may chime in with reasons that larger gb version is better.  But so far for me 16 has been enough.  I use it exclusively for MP.  
2017-12-18
Use props
Ivanski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 714977 ft
Hong Kong

I am using mini 4 WIFI 128gb at the moment. I don't use follow me mode and don't change Home point so there is no problems at all.
If I need follow me mode later, I can buy a bluetooth GPS receiver to add on the mini 4.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hello, I am sorry for your difficulties. For the app crashing on your Google Nexus 6p, could you please try to reinstall the latest version and try again? Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation. Or please provide the info below and I'll transfer it to our engineers to check.
1. Operations before and when the Android device crashes
2. Aircraft model
3. Android version number
4. DJI GO app’s version number (shown under Settings of Me in the app)
5. Crash log, (connect the device to the computer to export it: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4 /LOG/CRASH)
6. Your DJI account
Thank you so much of your help.
And for the iPad mini, please kindly note that the first generation will not work properly with DJI GO 4, please refer to the compatible device list below. Thanks. devide support list.png
2017-12-19
Use props
OzoneTech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 751827 ft
Singapore

My iPad Mini 6 (2021) does not connect to the RC. The RC and AC are linked. Any solutions?
2021-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules