Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-IceBoxMavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello guys,

So I have been practicing in drone simulator. Yesterday, after I exit the drone simulator, I clicked on Enter Device and there was a red exclamation saying, "Hardware malfunction, send in for repair", drone in simulator please restart aircraft. I panicked and restarted the device as I would normally do and the errors were gone. I tried getting in the simulator and enter the device again and found the errors again. With the restart, they disappear.
Has anybody experienced this? I have flown my drone twice and didn't get any error message. It says my firmware is updated. I just want to make sure that there is really nothing wrong with my drone. I had to get out yesterday and fly it to see if there was really something wrong with it and thank goodness my flight was all smooth!
I guess I don't need the simulator no more. I did it several times before flying my drone to make sure I know how to operate it.
Any help would be appreciated.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hello sir, just to verify, the error only exists when you exit the simulator, and it is the simulator on the DJI GO 4 app, right? Please try to reinstall the latest app, please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation. See if it helps. And at the same time, I will forward it to our engineers to confirm, will also reply you once I hear from them. Thanks.
2017-12-18
Use props
djiuser_0VnFRZ5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

The motors lock to prevent accidental take off when you're using the simulator. They will only be unlocked when you restart your aircraft. This "error" is normal.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI-IceBoxMavic
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-18 22:31
Hello sir, just to verify, the error only exists when you exit the simulator, and it is the simulator on the DJI GO 4 app, right? Please try to reinstall the latest app, please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation. See if it helps. And at the same time, I will forward it to our engineers to confirm, will also reply you once I hear from them. Thanks.

Yes, only when I use the simulator. Not when I am actually flying.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI-IceBoxMavic
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_0VnFRZ5 Posted at 2017-12-19 06:07
The motors lock to prevent accidental take off when you're using the simulator. They will only be unlocked when you restart your aircraft. This "error" is normal.

Thanks! I was about to pull my hair. I thought I did something wrong.
2017-12-19
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

djiuser_0VnFRZ5 Posted at 2017-12-19 06:07
The motors lock to prevent accidental take off when you're using the simulator. They will only be unlocked when you restart your aircraft. This "error" is normal.

That's a good tip and good to know.

Thanks for sharing!
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DJI-IceBoxMavic Posted at 2017-12-19 08:46
Yes, only when I use the simulator. Not when I am actually flying.

Thank you for your update, and it is confirmed that if the issue doesn't exist when in actual flight, then it is the false warning of the simulator. No worries.
2017-12-19
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

At least in my personal case, this is why the App when exiting the simulator it prompts you to restart the aircraft before going into the "GO FLY" option.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Sir, may I know what's the current aircraft, controller and APP version? We'll check the exact status and see whether the misinformation can be get rid.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI-IceBoxMavic
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-20 18:36
Hi Sir, may I know what's the current aircraft, controller and APP version? We'll check the exact status and see whether the misinformation can be get rid.

Hi Susan,

My apologies for the late reply. I have a Mavic Pro and using iOS DJI Go 4 App.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DJI-IceBoxMavic Posted at 2017-12-22 06:43
Hi Susan,

My apologies for the late reply. I have a Mavic Pro and using iOS DJI Go 4 App.

Sir, thanks for getting back to us. The version I mentioned here is the Aircraft firmware. You can check it in DJI GO 4>General Settings>About.
2017-12-24
Use props
DJIPilot-IceBox
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-24 02:51
Sir, thanks for getting back to us. The version I mentioned here is the Aircraft firmware. You can check it in DJI GO 4>General Settings>About.

I have yet to fly my drone in a week now so I will check that today when I get home. Thanks.
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DJIPilot-IceBox Posted at 2017-12-27 09:25
I have yet to fly my drone in a week now so I will check that today when I get home. Thanks.

You are welcome. We'll be here waiting for your update.
2017-12-28
Use props
DJIPilot-IceBox
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-28 00:19
You are welcome. We'll be here waiting for your update.

Hi Susan,

Here is the firmware version of my Drone.
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DJIPilot-IceBox Posted at 2017-12-29 10:31
Hi Susan,

Here is the firmware version of my Drone. [view_image]

Well received. I'll forward to our engineers for double check, thanks so much!
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules