1672 6 2017-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JDK92
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1117264 ft
Germany

Hi guys,

this probably was asked before but I couldn't find a thread. So I'm planning on taking some pictures on new years eve up on a hill where you can see the whole city lighting up fireworks. Just wondering how people here experienced a flight during night time. I mean there will not be much light up there so Sparky will basically see nothing right? Do the sensors get confused or anything? Do I have to consider any special settings? Appreciate the answers!

2017-12-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Flying at night is fine, don’t know what your countries rules are so check these out first, you can see the light from your spark for probably 200 metres , so try to get as close as you can to what you intend to film.
The area you launch from should be well lit or you might have a problem with drift because VPS won’t work properly in bad light, but apart from that and no OA your Aircraft should be ok just make sure you have enough satellites and you have recorded homepoint and your RTH is set as it should be.
Look forward to seeing the photos.
2017-12-18
Use props
JDK92
lvl.4
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-18 12:28
Flying at night is fine, don’t know what your countries rules are so check these out first, you can see the light from your spark for probably 200 metres , so try to get as close as you can to what you intend to film.
The area you launch from should be well lit or you might have a problem with drift because VPS won’t work properly in bad light, but apart from that and no OA your Aircraft should be ok just make sure you have enough satellites and you have recorded homepoint and your RTH is set as it should be.
Look forward to seeing the photos.

Sounds good! Thanks for the help. I will post some photos here if I get a few good ones.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

JDK92 Posted at 2017-12-18 12:46
Sounds good! Thanks for the help. I will post some photos here if I get a few good ones.

Hi, JDK. For better performance, I would not recommend you fly too close to firework. If the image is blurry at night, you can set your camera in M mode and lower the value of EV. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-18
Use props
JDK92
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-18 20:18
Hi, JDK. For better performance, I would not recommend you fly too close to firework. If the image is blurry at night, you can set your camera in M mode and lower the value of EV. Thanks for your support.

Will do.I shouldn't be too close since I'm up on a hill. Thanks for the help.
2017-12-18
Use props
MsRange30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Just be careful!
2017-12-19
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102454 ft
Germany

Hello and don't forget the permission to fly! In germany, flying is only allowed until sunset unless you receive a permit
2017-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules