Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Holx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi DJI,
will there be a gimbal for the Inspire that allows attachment of the newly announced Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera which is specially designed for drones (weight about 300 grams).

The advertisment of blackmagic shows it mounted under a phantom 2.

Thanks
Holger
2015-4-17
Use props
ad.studioartifi
lvl.1
France

very curious about this too
2015-4-17
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

this would be fantastic. my opinion is that the micro cinema will be soon a standard, so its matter of time for the proper gimbal for inspire 1.
2015-4-17
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

Yeah, better bitrate, but still no 4k on micro camera thats mountable on gimbal.
2015-4-17
Use props
Mkell_CA_SF.BAY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft
United States

New gimbal and camera options will be obtainable once the SDK is released and companies have the ability to build them. Obviously DJI makes camera specific gimbals on their higher end UAV's, so all we can do is wait and see. The micro cam is limited to 1080p...
2015-4-17
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Where do I sign up?  I want one also@!
2015-4-17
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am guessing DJI has other ideas for the inspire one camera connection. I would speculate that there will be a range of different cameras available at some time or another. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
2015-4-17
Use props
t.katz
lvl.2

United States

Mkell_CA_SF.BAY Posted at 2015-4-18 06:13
New gimbal and camera options will be obtainable once the SDK is released and companies have the abi ...

I would take a camera that can record 1080p at prores and raw w/ blackmagics color science any day over one that can do 4k but records to avc.

I have both the bmcc and bmpcc and use them quite often and love the quality.  I've already been planning on getting the I1 at some point, but being able to mount a camera on it that yields that quality would push me to get one sooner then later (of course with blackmagics release history, it would probably be later then later).
2015-4-22
Use props
Johnny Sky
lvl.1

United States

+1 for the RAW quality from my BMPCC.  Only 1080 but with professional color grading the end results are stunning!
2015-4-22
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Quote "....will there be a gimbal for the Inspire that allows attachment of the newly announced Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera"

Nope!   
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules