Weak Image Transmission Signal with OTG Cable
20079 112 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sebasll
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39229 ft
United States

This is a real bummer. Mine is arriving in the mail tomorrow. I wonder if I should just reject the thing. Too expensive to get a product that doesn't meet its specifications.

Doesn't this qualify as a non-conforming product?

What is DJI legally responsible for? and what can we really do, beyond expressing our dissatisfaction on their forum?
2018-1-10
Use props
Katsulas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820210 ft
Greece

The Adventure G Posted at 2018-1-10 15:10
Use Litchi app to solve the problem!!!!

Litchi App is a 3rd party app that is a little bit expensive for a device that we payed a lot of money and it works perfectly before last update.

Where is the answer from the Official DJI Service support. Personally i made an bug report through the official app but no responce.
2018-1-11
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2670423 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

I use the 4.1.15 version on Android, with FCC mode in eu (for flight safety reasons - would lost my drone a hundred times already in CE mode), having no problems whatsoever, can do the 2-3km with windsurfer. Latest AC and RC fw versions, no OTG. Hope DJI will get this (your problems) sorted out with updates.
2018-1-11
Use props
Stewbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 918563 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The OTG cable is not working as was. My fix was all Bluetooth off remove OTG and all the interference goes away and find drone in WiFi on phone. I haven’t yet tested distance but by doing the above sorts dropout and interference. Try it but keep an eye on the drone.
2018-1-11
Use props
Bayguy69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

Stewbie Posted at 2018-1-11 01:28
The OTG cable is not working as was. My fix was all Bluetooth off remove OTG and all the interference goes away and find drone in WiFi on phone. I haven’t yet tested distance but by doing the above sorts dropout and interference. Try it but keep an eye on the drone.

I did the same thing like you. And I have to admit that my last flight was the most awesome with my spark. I think the key is to turn off the Bluetooth  completely (IOS) so the transmission between the Rc and the Cellphone be the best.
2018-1-11
Use props
Katsulas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820210 ft
United Kingdom

Most of us we place the cellphone to air plane mode and this tunf off all these services. The problem doesn’t fix by this way. The only working way is the OTG
2018-1-11
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stewbie Posted at 2018-1-11 01:28
The OTG cable is not working as was. My fix was all Bluetooth off remove OTG and all the interference goes away and find drone in WiFi on phone. I haven’t yet tested distance but by doing the above sorts dropout and interference. Try it but keep an eye on the drone.

Removed the OTG Cable and did a distance test here;  

As you know the OTG cable has nothing to do with actual distance. But the issue of the 'Weak Image Transmission' goes away when NOT using the OTG cable.  You can fly with or without it (currently).  Not to say something won't change in the near future.  Software/Firmware updates keep coming.....
2018-1-11
Use props
MC20/20
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45988 ft
United States

I went out to fly my spark today. I recently just updated my iPhone X to the most recent 11.2.2 iOS update. I recently updated my spark and controller/transmitter as well. I was surprised to see “weak transmission signal” as  I have hardly ever seen  that error. I switched over to a secondary choice of WiFi instead of OTG and the error was gone. It was working great with a full gps signal. “ minus the terrible lag and WiFi range that comes with not using the OTG cable. I thought maybe my OTG cable  was going bad so I’m going to pick up another one to test it, however after reading these posts that doesn’t sound like it’s going to fix  this “weak transmission error””
I will update this thread after I try a new otg and micro usb cable as well. If not I guess we will be waiting on an update. The worst part of this is I only like flying my spark with the otg cable so basically  my all in 800$ spark package will be collecting dust until this is fixed. I can’t trust it with that error. Hopefully DJI will be updating a fix soon.
2018-1-11
Use props
Kevin Halle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too now  have a weak transmission signal after doing the update to the Go4 App!!!!!
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_rJ2TnAb
lvl.1
Argentina

Welcome
2018-1-11
Use props
fans4e66894c
New

Netherlands

Did anyone test if the "weak image transmisdion signal" using the otg cable is just a bug in the app or if it is realy effecting the image range?

I did some flying today using otg cable and just ignored the warning.....

Seems the image transmission works fine, tho i did not fly verry far.

Just wondering could it just be a bug that makes the msg come up, but that does not effect range or working of the otg.....
2018-1-14
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

fans4e66894c Posted at 2018-1-14 09:49
Did anyone test if the "weak image transmisdion signal" using the otg cable is just a bug in the app or if it is realy effecting the image range?

Yes it’s only in the last couple of releases of iOS dji go software has lost some OTG functionality- when you get that weak signal error you lose the ability to see certain telemetry data on the screen.

Per dji statement they do not support otg

But it was fully functional up until the last 2 updates in both iOS and Android- in November / December is when it got buggy
2018-1-14
Use props
fans36f18b8f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48665 ft
United Kingdom

I was wondering this... did it effect the range you could fly? I have also been ignoring the warning
2018-1-15
Use props
fans4e66894c
New

Netherlands

Did not do a range test on it yet and looking at the wind and rain i won't be flying soon.

On the statement "dji does not support otg"....
I have the dji goggles re and they connect the same way to the transmitter to get the vidio on it, so the port/usb video connection must be made for that, or will dji soon tell us the dji goggles are not supported?

Anyway if there is someone out there that can do a test it would be nice

@DJI: plz fix this, we all payed goid money for your product and that should include good working app without exuses about not supporting something that was supported befor. Remember the competition is gaining on you by the day
2018-1-15
Use props
fansbdedc80f
New
United States

Even with weak signal I was still able to fly a reasonable distance. Still we need this fixed!
2018-1-15
Use props
Range925
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-21 00:29
This has been reported by others already and happens with the latest iOS App version 4.1.20.

Thank you for the info wachtberger! You always provide good insight in this forum.
2018-1-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Range925 Posted at 2018-1-15 13:24
Thank you for the info wachtberger! You always provide good insight in this forum.

Thank you and you are welcome. Let's cross fingers that it will be fixed with the next version of the app.
2018-1-15
Use props
T714
lvl.1
United States

Dji , please fix it ASAP
2018-1-15
Use props
X0J1wuqKLCUu
New
United States

I am with you. I have been doing some flying with the OTG cable, and it flies great, with minimal lag. I've tried flying with just the WIFi, but the lag is terrible.

Only issue I have sometimes, is the video link not showing after connecting to the Spark following a battery swap.

How I solved this, is by disconnecting the OTG Micro USB plug from the controller, then plugging it in again.

Happy droning everyone!
2018-1-18
Use props
fanseb61b294
New

United States

Today’s update to the iOS app fixed this issue for me!
2018-1-23
Use props
FelBRax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132717 ft
Brazil

I love this forum, I don't even need to update the app anymore to test my Spark with OTG...

My spark works beautifully with no lag and no disconnects with the App version: 4.1.15.

I will stay with this version until they "fix" this "error".

Moto Z2 Play
Android 7.1.1
2018-1-23
Use props
salmenda
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9879 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-21 02:39
Please use wifi connection instead and OTG cable may cause some problems with our app. Thanks for your understanding.

Seriously, is dji ever going to support otg? This is the reason i wont buy the mavic air. No otg support.
2018-1-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

salmenda Posted at 2018-1-23 18:20
Seriously, is dji ever going to support otg? This is the reason i wont buy the mavic air. No otg support.

Mavic air has! (As I understand this)

https://forum.dji.com/thread-130833-1-1.html

Remote Controller

1. Can I connect my smartphone to the remote controller using an ordinary USB cable?

Yes. You  can use an ordinary USB cable to connect your smartphone to the remote  controller via the USB port at the bottom of the controller, but this  may result in more discomfort when handling. Different cables come with  the aircraft to meet your needs.
2018-1-23
Use props
Kevin Halle
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Today I uninstalled DJI Go 4 and all of its data then reinstalled the app.  I had to re-sign in then I sync'ed the data. I turned on the remote then th AC. Once I had a green light on the RC I connected the OTG cable. It worked perfect. Took it out and did 3 test flights. Not a single incident of weak transmission or interferance. I took it to 400 ft and flew about 4500 ft on each flight. Just passing it along for FYI.
2018-1-27
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

Do not use a OTG cable, DJI has said many times that they don't recommend using one because it is very faulty.
2018-1-27
Use props
BMelody
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3146 ft
United States

Hey Kevin,

I assume you are using iOS and not android. Please confirm. It would be a BIG deal if you accomplished this using an android phone.

Thanks,  ~Bill
2018-1-27
Use props
Kevin Halle
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BMelody Posted at 2018-1-27 12:46
Hey Kevin,

I assume you are using iOS and not android. Please confirm. It would be a BIG deal if you accomplished this using an android phone.

I should have mentioned I am using iOS on an iPad 3 mini.
2018-1-27
Use props
fans786d5709
lvl.1

United States

Sooo, havent flown my spark in two weeks.. flew it today and it flat out sucks!! Guess my iphone updated the app during my sleep...   flied it both ways today, using the OTG cable first and then without...  wifi is off on my phone while connecting through the cable, yet it says connected at 5.8 ghz... video is super crappy and laggy compared to before to say the least.. its dissappointing! Then i tried just flying with WIFI, and it stays on 5.8 ghz, theres no way i can change the signal... i fly it to 140 feet high in the middle of nowhere and it drops half the signal... OH and the video is still super horrible to say the least, i feel like im flyin a total different cheap drone than when i first got it at the beginning of december... VIDEO AND PICS, used to be crystal freakin clear... now, whoa, its horrible.. laggy and blurry... what a dissappointment i feel after spending 599 on the fly more combo.. i dunno what else to say guys.. what a let down
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

salmenda Posted at 2018-1-23 18:20

Please wait patiently. Our engineers are working on that. Thanks a lot.
2018-1-28
Use props
Tarek Youssef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151575 ft
Canada

The problem of the "Weak Image Transmission Signal" message with OTG cable has disappeared with new update 4.2.4 on iOS. Finally DJI fixed the problem. Thank you DJI, but please don't do it again not to loose peoples trust.
2018-1-28
Use props
djiuser_NlWmTTK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I don't have this massage anymore but it still only goes to 1100ft before connection goes this is with otg and the new update. Bit annoying
2018-1-28
Use props
fiesta08
New
United Kingdom

I have recently purchased the spark/combo downloaded the most recent software as prompted .I am using a samsung s7 android  and when trying to connect with the OTG cable im unable to get any satillites showing as per the you tube posts
Tried different ways to connect OTG cable but no joy. First DJI drone so not sure of what im doing and all the meanings that other users use. Would appricate any advice. Thanks
Ive not had the drone i
2018-3-20
Use props
chrisdutton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14511 ft
United Kingdom

After reading this thread I feel a bit better about the issues I had today, please take a look at my post here and see what you think: https://forum.dji.com/thread-158881-1-1.html
2018-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules