DJI Goggles RE restart while watching movies on SD Card
1344 4 2017-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Che300
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8412 ft
United States

Has anyone experienced this? First I had an exFAT formatted 64GB card and watched MP4 movie and it restarts every 15 minutes or so (DJI screen reboots). Then I found out that I should format it to FAT32 from the Goggles itself so I watched another movie which restarted approximately 45 minutes into the movie. I have to fast forward MANY times to get back to where I left off in the movie. Has anyone have any luck watching a full 1 hour + movie from their SD Card? Thanks!

2017-12-21
Use props
Che300
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-21 21:42
I can't get a 15 minute MP4 to play at all on the RE Goggles, let alone an hour+!

what format do you have your SD Card formatted to? If you're on eXFAT then, I believe you have to put it in the DCIM/100MEDIA or something. I found out that if you format it through the goggles itself, it would be FAT32 and you just put it on the root directory instead of creating that folder.
2017-12-22
Use props
c4Lvin
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-22 10:57
Formatted with the goggles.  I have no trouble seeing the file it just doesn't play.

That's odd! Did you try other files? or file types at least?
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Lvin, to be more precise, the 64G Micro SD card should be formatted to Exfat.
May I know what SD card your are using and the resolution of your movie? Thank you.
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-23 05:12
I tried numerous MP4 files after formatting the card in the goggles.  I can see the files though they have no thumbnail images.  When I attempt to play one I get audio but no video.  After a bit the audio begins to stutter & eventually stops.  The files I am trying to view are the MP4 versions of my YouTube videos.  These are all 15+ minutes in length & in the 1.5-2.5 GB size range.  When I get a chance I will try something shorter & see if a smaller file will play.

Hello Sir, please let us know if the problem persists with shorter video, thank you.
2017-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules