Grainy video
1335 6 2017-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarkDidIt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122041 ft
United States

I've noticed my recorded videos are now kind of grainy as opposed to when I first got the Spark. Both examples were recorded with auto settings.

I've reset the camera settings. Downgraded the firmware all the back to factory and videos still record grainy now. Am I missing a setting some where?
2017-12-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Does the one you describe as "grainy" come from the full resolution recording on the SD card inside the Spark? To me it much more looks like the lower resolution one from your mobile device. In addition the two videos are very different in terms of filming conditions. In low light ISO goes up in Auto setting and the higher ISO is, the more grain you'll get (like in good old analog photography). But still the result should be better with the original video on the Spark SD card.
2017-12-22
Use props
MarkDidIt
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-22 15:27
Does the one you describe as "grainy" come from the full resolution recording on the SD card inside the Spark? To me it much more looks like the lower resolution one from your mobile device. In addition the two videos are very different in terms of filming conditions. In low light ISO goes up in Auto setting and the higher ISO is, the more grain you'll get (like in good old analog photography). But still the result should be better with the original video on the Spark SD card.

Those are both from the sd card
2017-12-22
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

"Grain" you refer to is known as noise and happens because of too high ISO setting. It's happening when lightening is low.
2017-12-22
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

To better understand what's going on, please educate yourself on exposure. Three key terms: aperture, shutter speed and sensitivity (ISO).
2017-12-22
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

I know you said that both are from the SD card, and I am aware of what high ISO grain looks like.... But, it really looks like the first one is just the lower resolution cached video from the phone.
2017-12-22
Use props
MarkDidIt
lvl.4
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2017-12-22 15:44
To better understand what's going on, please educate yourself on exposure. Three key terms: aperture, shutter speed and sensitivity (ISO).

I have other videos indoors, bright lights on. Still grainy. Has been raining past couple of days so I haven't been outside.
2017-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules