P3P video live feed fault on my brand new Prof drone, what's this?
1684 17 2017-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akossss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1478350 ft
United Kingdom

[size=14.6667px]I got my new Phantom 3 Prof yesterday. I'm not new to the drones, but I used my prev P3P with the new fw, so I updated. I have no info from before, I haven't checked anything.

[size=14.6667px]So update firmware on the remote, after relink the AC. Update FW on AC, gimbal, etc.

[size=14.6667px]After that I experienced few battery fault notification in my app, but after that it disappeared, I thought this is the part of the boot process, because it disappeared immediately after it appeared. Didn't cause any headache, so I skipped it. Few compass errors, but I was in the flat, no problem, strong interfere is possible for sure...

[size=14.6667px]But today I was out for the first test drive, and the video live feed is... Horrible, a piece of s***. After the flight I had compass error. Open area, not even a house or anything close to me, was weird.

[size=14.6667px]This is the live feed, I saved it from my tablet. The video on the card is perfect, the camera seems fine to me. But the tablet...:

[size=14.6667px]Don't know what's this from. Maybe something to the radio? Should I calibrate the remote? Or relink it again? Even the range of the bird (I tested it in my house) seems shorter than my prev P3P. Maybe should try prev FWs? Any idea? Thanks

[size=14.6667px]Other question, should I send it back to the Wex (UK)? They have to check it, and maybe I'll bet a new drone. Or shall I send it to the DJI to get it repaired?
2017-12-23
Use props
evicente
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23799 ft

Chile

I have exactly the same problem. I was 2 hours chating with support and they say "maybe it s a hardware problem. I m thinking to update to 1.11.30 fw
2017-12-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you only got it yesterday, then send it back where you got it from and tell them you want a replacement.
2017-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, get it switched out, for a proper working model.

RedHotPoker
2017-12-23
Use props
Akossss
lvl.2
United Kingdom

evicente Posted at 2017-12-23 17:43
I have exactly the same problem. I was 2 hours chating with support and they say "maybe it s a hardware problem. I m thinking to update to 1.11.30 fw

Where did you buy it from?
2017-12-24
Use props
Akossss
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Okay, I tried to relink 3 times, still the same. Tried to link to another controller, same. So it's not the controller... Tried with other device, so not the tablet. Tried different cable, not even cable. Must be the plane...

Tried firmware roll back, but I couldn't, because with the newest firmware it's impossible... I'll send it back, and I'm getting enough of the drones, this is the 3rd I have to get rid of, the first one was fw upgrade issue, second is seller issue, 3rd (this) is faulty issue. What the hell should I do to get a working drone, and enjoy using it?
2017-12-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Akossss Posted at 2017-12-24 13:21
Okay, I tried to relink 3 times, still the same. Tried to link to another controller, same. So it's not the controller... Tried with other device, so not the tablet. Tried different cable, not even cable. Must be the plane...

Tried firmware roll back, but I couldn't, because with the newest firmware it's impossible... I'll send it back, and I'm getting enough of the drones, this is the 3rd I have to get rid of, the first one was fw upgrade issue, second is seller issue, 3rd (this) is faulty issue. What the hell should I do to get a working drone, and enjoy using it?

If the video on the SD card in the aircraft is OK, then it has nothing to do with the aircraft. What tablet are you using? It probably is not powerful enough to deal with the app.
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Tried firmware roll back, but I couldn't, because with the newest firmware it's impossible... I'll send it back, and I'm getting enough of the drones, this is the 3rd I have to get rid of, the first one was fw upgrade issue, second is seller issue, 3rd (this) is faulty issue. What the hell should I do to get a working drone, and enjoy using it?

Hi, may I know what mobile devices have you tried? What is the APP version?
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

evicente Posted at 2017-12-23 17:43

Hi, Evicente, could you please also answer the questions I asked in the post 8#? Besides, have you tried to fly the drone in different open areas? If yes, how is it going?
2017-12-25
Use props
evicente
lvl.1

Chile

Where did you buy it from?

I bought it 1 year ago in Chile. Second hand
2017-12-25
Use props
evicente
lvl.1

Chile

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-25 02:14

I tried with an IPad using the last version available for the app. I usually use a tablet with android and 3.1.23 app version.
I've flown in different places. Places where I usually flew without problems
2017-12-25
Use props
AMARdji2017
lvl.2
Spain

Mira, ley que esa nueva actualización tiene problemas de señal y ha limitado los vuelos a ciertas áreas, seguramente, a mí actualización no funciona en el móvil en el que fincionaba, ahora esta nueva mejorada no la deja funcionar, asi que espero otra actualización, la quite y la volví a poner, y sigue igual no funciona el el móvil en otra tablet si me va, no probé la limitación de vuelo pués está averiado, espero unas piezas, al mío lo deribó un virus, le saltaron las hélices a poco de ascender, así que cayó a la altura programnada?? tenía dentro de la micro sd, unos archivos raros 7,7 gigas, hasta ahora nadie me dijo nada de esos virus infectaron en el mes de noviembre, así que luego de reparar el gimbal de la cámara cable y bracito total 24 euros las dos piezas, hay mas´baratas aún, luego funcionaba pero no graba imágnes porque la micro tenía el virus y está ya bloqueada, también dejó el gimbal medio turulato, así que se quedaba cómo dormido y sin señal del vídeo, ahora parece que el nuevo micro que le puse la gimbal loha restituido y de momento se mueve y se queda en posición y al mover el dron se queda horizontal, así que aún no conecta por otro motivo que le falta un tornillo?? al dron, un pequeño botoncito de reinicio que se ha roto, vamos venía asi de la compra de uno viejo para reparar el mío, así que la pieza salen 100 por dos euros, espero que llegue pues la placa sale por 100 en plan barata, así que el drón fue atacado por un virus tipo raro, esos del foro les pregunté hoy y solo me dijeron que no se puede escribir con mayúsculas, asi que en eso ando, el problema del dron es que es muy vulnerable y hay que revisarlos archivos bien, en cuanto pones la micro para sacar las fotos se puede infectar?? o bien lo infectan desde el enlace wifi?? no sé exactamente si vino con la actualización y tal o un haker, el dron fanton 3 4k se cayó y se hizo 4 cachos, ajajaajajaj
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

evicente Posted at 2017-12-25 11:23
I tried with an IPad using the last version available for the app. I usually use a tablet with android and 3.1.23 app version.
I've flown in different places. Places where I usually flew without problems

Please try to reinstall the APP, I would also recommend you shut other APPs down when the DJI GO APP is running. Have you upgraded the firmware to the latest one already? Please give it a try, Besides, check the HD settings, try to change the channels and lower the Transmission Quality.
2017-12-25
Use props
evicente
lvl.1

Chile

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-25 18:39
Please try to reinstall the APP, I would also recommend you shut other APPs down when the DJI GO APP is running. Have you upgraded the firmware to the latest one already? Please give it a try, Besides, check the HD settings, try to change the channels and lower the Transmission Quality.

I tried uninstallig the app and then reinstall dji go. The problem continues. I always close any other app running when í use dji go
I m using 1.11.20 firmware versión.
I use Auto channel option
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

evicente Posted at 2017-12-26 08:20
I tried uninstallig the app and then reinstall dji go. The problem continues. I always close any other app running when í use dji go
I m using 1.11.20 firmware versión.
I use Auto channel option

Please try the Custom option and lower the Transmission Quality.  Please also try other mobile devices if you can. If it persists, that may be a hardware issue, in this case, I would recommend you send the drone in for diagnosis and repair.
https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-12-27
Use props
Akossss
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-25 02:14

I had the same versions like evicente... The newest FW, latest DJI Go, I tries auto channels, manual channels, reintall the app, It has to be something with the plane. At the moment I have 2pcs of Phantom 3 Profs at home, and the same tablet works completely fine with the other, and it has problem with other mobile device too, the same problem. I tried everything, returned today. I'll get a new one probably tomorrow, hopefully everything will be fine with that...
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Akossss Posted at 2017-12-28 12:08
I had the same versions like evicente... The newest FW, latest DJI Go, I tries auto channels, manual channels, reintall the app, It has to be something with the plane. At the moment I have 2pcs of Phantom 3 Profs at home, and the same tablet works completely fine with the other, and it has problem with other mobile device too, the same problem. I tried everything, returned today. I'll get a new one probably tomorrow, hopefully everything will be fine with that...

Okay, hope you can get the new one soon and enjoy it, should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know, we'd like to help.
2017-12-28
Use props
evicente
lvl.1

Chile

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-28 19:47
Okay, hope you can get the new one soon and enjoy it, should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know, we'd like to help.

Good way to sell more drones
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules