FPV... fatshark goggles vs. black pearl monitor.....and some newbie questions
1776 5 2015-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elite_exotics
New

Canada

Hi everybody, I've been enjoying my phantom 2 for almost a year now and I've never checked this forum out before. There's lots of great information on here. I've been looking into getting the FPV system, but I'm stuck between having a monitor or going with the goggles. I've seen tons of vidoes on different setups but I have no idea what it looks like to view everything through the goggles. I've heard more good comments about the goggles than I have about the monitor.

I'm interested in Fatshark goggles, but I'm unsure on what model to get. I would like to have a head tracker in them and upgrade my antenna to spironet circular polerized. Most seem to come with a 250mv transmitter, however, I'd like to upgrade to a 500-600mw transmitter. Does anyone have any suggestions on which one to go with?

Now for the black pearl systems, I've seen many good deals on complete setups with great antennas and larger transmitters. The one thing I wonder about is the monitor. Even with the sun shade, I think that it would be harder to see because of the glare. Can anyone shed some light on their opinion on either system? Also, can anyone send me any link on the FPV goggles where it might show more details on the lenses or what it might actually look like looking through them?

Cheers, Justin

P.S. I forgot to mention that I currently have the stock phantom 2 with zenmuse gimbal/ go pro 3+.

2015-4-17
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

This is what I went with....

http://sphere.net.au/collections ... hub-5-8ghz-downlink

Too early to give an opinion about it but it came highly recommended.

Regards

Yug
2015-4-17
Use props
elite_exotics
New

Canada

thats the package i have been keeping in mind. how is the range? its the 25mw transmitter i would want to upgrade. does the video have much of a delay? do small trees or other obect that block line of sight mess with the video signal?
2015-4-17
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

elite_exotics@h Posted at 2015-4-18 12:24
thats the package i have been keeping in mind. how is the range? its the 25mw transmitter i would wa ...

Not had the chance to put it to much of a test yet. Hope to get some free time this next week. I will post back then.

Yug
2015-4-17
Use props
elite_exotics
New

Canada

Here is the combo pack Im interested in
DJI Phantom Advanced FPV Kit for Hero 3 (7" LCD/5.8Ghz/1300ft rangE
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav= ... amp;id=151624812326
2015-4-20
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have the black pearl and it's okay.  however, the bracket holding mine on to the RC unit was weak, fell, and broke 50% out.  be cautious that you have a good bracket if you buy this unit.  i can fly mine anywhere from 300 to 485 metres before i receive interference and static.  i sly LOS only.  I'm not going to buy/replace/improve anything on my P2 unless drastically necessary.  i'm going to invest in the p3.
2015-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules