New Phantom 4 Pro Firmware Released (12/25/2017)
31575 143 2017-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

luciens Posted at 2018-1-15 09:02
I only have the P4P and P4P batts, so I don't know what conflicts you'd run into with the P4 batts. My understanding is that they work in the P4P, but I don't know what software related problems you might run into if you have to mix/match the versions in the batt vs the copter itself....

I think the only real difference is just a little more capacity in the P4P batts.

Hi Luciens. To clarify, the batteries Are physically compatible between all Phantom 4 models. However, they are "smart batteries" with their own firmware. The battery firmware is updated from a module within the craft firmware (which is really just a collection of controller modules downloaded as one file, and unpacked for application as part of the craft firmware update process). However, the version of battery firmware within each model's firmware may get out of sync, as new craft firmware is released for models at different times. This is why you may get an "incompatible firmware" message in GO 4 when moving batteries in-between models (like the P4 and P4P). But keeping both craft firmware up-to-date doesn't guarantee the same version between models, so I've got to be able to downgrade if necessary to keep the battery firmware at a compatible version level.
I hope that makes sense.
2018-1-15
Use props
djiuser_NMpiOSf
New

Australia

Why does my controller only half charge
2018-1-17
Use props
mirasteilas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9905 ft
Switzerland

great works fine
2018-1-17
Use props
Frank Biganski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1127887 ft
United States

I just wanted to mention that my updates did not proceed like the tutorial. I just received my P4P Advanced a few days ago, and I had some firmware update issues from the beginning, but I got those connectivity issues resolved thanks to a post by Punchbuggy.

Yesterday, I received notification to update my firmware; a blue slider appeared stating “incompatible firmware,” or something like that.  So this morning, I turn on the P4P and RC, connected my iPhone 6s Plus to the P4P, and I slid the slider to start the update.  During the update, the P4P restarted as the tutorial said it would, and my iPhone continually showed the P4P is connected to the RC during the update  (green lights on P4P, RC, and aft lights blinking slow green).

However, after the update, I re-started the P4P, the RC, and my iPhone, but I now had no connection to the P4P.  Green light on RC and aft green lights P4P.  So I revert-back to the fix from Punchbuggy and held my finger on the 3-line icon menu in the upper right corner of the GO 4 welcome screen for 5 seconds, released my finger, and a popup window appears stating “no firmware found.”  I cannot click the “None’ button to try and find a firmware version, and I cannot click the “Download” button either.  I can only click the close/X button.  I attached a screen shot of the error window, which has an error code that perhaps will help DJI techs.

So I delete the existing DJI GO 4 app, re-install a fresh copy, and that still does not correct the problem.  So I close the GO 4 app, and then I decide to connect my iPhone 6s Plus directly back into the P4P.  I relaunch the GO 4 and the P4P makes a connection to my iPhone!

I turn off both the RC and P4P, connect my iPhone back into the RC, turn both RC and P4P back on, and it continues working.  Yay!

So as a newbie to drone flying, but not to technology, I'm just posting this in case anyone else has some weird issues when trying to run the update.  Perhaps I could have connected my iPhone back into the P4P a few steps back, but not sure and this approach certainly wasn’t suggested in the above tutorial.

Happy flying!

Frank
2018-1-19
Use props
Frank Biganski
lvl.3
United States

Frank Biganski Posted at 2018-1-19 04:12
I just wanted to mention that my updates did not proceed like the tutorial. I just received my P4P Advanced a few days ago, and I had some firmware update issues from the beginning, but I got those connectivity issues resolved thanks to a post by Punchbuggy.

Yesterday, I received notification to update my firmware; a blue slider appeared stating “incompatible firmware,” or something like that.  So this morning, I turn on the P4P and RC, connected my iPhone 6s Plus to the P4P, and I slid the slider to start the update.  During the update, the P4P restarted as the tutorial said it would, and my iPhone continually showed the P4P is connected to the RC during the update  (green lights on P4P, RC, and aft lights blinking slow green).

As a footnote, which I hold down the 3-line menu icon, I still see the same above error screen with the same error code.  

How do I check what version firmware I have installed?
2018-1-19
Use props
Frank Biganski
lvl.3
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-12-27 16:06
So can anyone confirm that this new update sets RTH automatically and doesn't allow you to abort?

Hi Brian,  I know this is a little late to your question, but I just got my P4P Advanced a few days ago, upgraded, having some issues, but can confirm that when I turned on the RC, a voice will state the RTH was set.

In addition, I can also confirm that one the 3 occasions I've flown so far, the RTH was off by about 10-15 feet.  Not sure if that's normal flying GPS, but it certainly did not land in the same spot.
Trying to roll bacl to the firmware out just before the Christmas update.

Frank

2018-1-19
Use props
fans22913ada
lvl.1
United States

Frank Biganski Posted at 2018-1-19 08:41
Hi Brian,  I know this is a little late to your question, but I just got my P4P Advanced a few days ago, upgraded, having some issues, but can confirm that when I turned on the RC, a voice will state the RTH was set.

In addition, I can also confirm that one the 3 occasions I've flown so far, the RTH was off by about 10-15 feet.  Not sure if that's normal flying GPS, but it certainly did not land in the same spot.

Is there any update to the image flip problem with this firmware getting tired of not being able to fly my expensive drone
2018-1-21
Use props
VR6OOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61148 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans22913ada Posted at 2018-1-21 11:40
Is there any update to the image flip problem with this firmware getting tired of not being able to fly my expensive drone

Not yet. However, it's not unflyable! Just instead of hitting the report (c1?) button gradually lower the gimbal with the wheel. And don't go straight to nadir (bottom) and it's fine.
2018-1-22
Use props
BoJett
lvl.1
Australia

Warning please take note, I did the update, and i was loosing signal quite easily, basically the worst update I've done and had to revert back to the previous, couldn't even fly directly above myself and would loose signal, id get a grey screen and aircraft disconnect. I dont know why it was happening but once i reverted back to the previous version all was good again.
2018-1-23
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

luciens Posted at 2018-1-14 14:22
1.0.4.062, I believe. It's the one prior to the latest. Some of my batts are on something else because I get the inconsistent firmware warning with them. I haven't tried to just update the batts so don't know if that's possible.

I just dismiss the warnings until they're all gone and then go fly....

Thanks for responding, sorry I hadn't responded sooner. I sometimes forget which forum I had posted my question.  lol  : )
I too have the firmware you refer to, 1.04 602

Regards,
2018-1-25
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

BoJett Posted at 2018-1-23 02:16
Warning please take note, I did the update, and i was loosing signal quite easily, basically the worst update I've done and had to revert back to the previous, couldn't even fly directly above myself and would loose signal, id get a grey screen and aircraft disconnect. I dont know why it was happening but once i reverted back to the previous version all was good again.

Quite interesting, mine (early productions) has got range issues after upgrade to 1.04.0602, wonder if it would be solved again with this release...
Do you know when yours was produced, may i ask the 8 first characters of your AC serial no.?
2018-1-26
Use props
djiuser_B5eGcmoR3DXc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47972 ft
Sweden

When will I be able to use the panorama modes on dji phantom 4 pro plus....??
2018-2-8
Use props
Gaurav Sharma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 994970 ft
India

Dji assistant showing firmware data cannot find.please try again ..how to fix that issue???
2018-2-8
Use props
Black Bird 1
New
United States

Question to the forum community and DJI Administration – I read in several forums that computers running Windows 10 were having challenges connecting the P4P aircraft to the DJI Assistant 2 software through the USB ports; but, some users were successful connecting both with Windows  8.1 and Mac machines. My computer runs on Windows 8.1, but unfortunately, I’m having challenges connecting my brand new P4P Plus aircraft (received it 2 days ago), through the USB cable, to the Assistant 2 (v 1.2.0) program to update the firmware from v01.06.1610 to v1.4.602.  Do you know of a solution that I can use to resolve my connection challenge? Or do I need to send it back to DJI to get the firmware updated?

I installed and reinstalled the DJI Assistant 2 software several times including the EXE and ZIP versions, uninstalled my computer’s anti-virus software, and plugged the USB cables in different ports, but to no avail – the two never connected so I didn’t get the blue P4P icon to click and get the firmware file.

On the positive side, I was able to upgrade the Remote Controller (RC) firmware (to v01.03.06.00) yesterday using the Micro SD Card (Method 2) as indicated on page 65 of the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ User Manual.
After I updated the RC yesterday, I synchronized it with the aircraft using the DJI Go 4 App (in the Plus RC with WiFi connection) and the USB OTG cable (using both micro USB ports). After successfully synchronizing the aircraft with the RC (or at least there was no error message), I rebooted both devices. Today, the RC DJI Go 4 App asked me to synchronize both devices again and I did; the firmware updated to v1.05.0300 which I successfully did according to the messages displayed.

The outcome of having the aircraft with an older firmware version and the RC with the current version includes the following:
     1.        When I turn both devices on (no cable connection), the Aircraft Status Indicator displays the following: 6 short green flashes and 2 long red flashes.  Looking at page 14 of the User Manual, It seems that the green flashes are related to “P-mode with Vision System” (it makes sense since I have it set up in Beginner Mode) but the two slow red flashings, “Low Battery Warning”, doesn’t make sense since I have a fully charged battery. Could it be related to my home location? I’m under controlled Class B airspace; and the RC shows that I “Cannot take off” and the map shows that I’m inside the controlled airspace.

2.        I’m able to use the flight simulator with no problems.

To summarize, my main concern is making sure that I can connect to the DJI Assistant 2 or use a different process to be able to conduct the necessary updates. Any feedback that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

2018-2-24
Use props
Black Bird 1
New
United States

Black Bird 1 Posted at 2018-2-24 10:43
Question to the forum community and DJI Administration – I read in several forums that computers running Windows 10 were having challenges connecting the P4P aircraft to the DJI Assistant 2 software through the USB ports; but, some users were successful connecting both with Windows  8.1 and Mac machines. My computer runs on Windows 8.1, but unfortunately, I’m having challenges connecting my brand new P4P Plus aircraft (received it 2 days ago), through the USB cable, to the Assistant 2 (v 1.2.0) program to update the firmware from v01.06.1610 to v1.4.602.  Do you know of a solution that I can use to resolve my connection challenge? Or do I need to send it back to DJI to get the firmware updated?

I installed and reinstalled the DJI Assistant 2 software several times including the EXE and ZIP versions, uninstalled my computer’s anti-virus software, and plugged the USB cables in different ports, but to no avail – the two never connected so I didn’t get the blue P4P icon to click and get the firmware file.

UPDATE: I received some assistance from Timinator and I was able to resolve my challenges.  Here is the solution that he shared with me to install the DJI Assistance 2 in my computer running Windows 8.1:

"So first thing to do is un-install the DJI Assistant. Next, follow the instructions in this link on how to turn off driver signing:  How to Turn off Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8 64 bit

After that, re-install the DJI assistant and start it up after it installs. Connect the aircraft and see if it shows in DJI assistant. If it does, you are off to the races."

I follow the instructions provided in that website, re-installed the DJI Assistant 2, and successfully connected my bird to the computer and downloaded the current FW.

In addition, I was able to correctly identify the 2 long red flashes in the Aircraft Status Indicator. I drove about 10 miles to exit the controlled Class B Airspace and the Aircraft Status Indicator was only flashing the green lights.  I now feel confident that I'm ready to fly my new black bird.
2018-2-25
Use props
mountainpilot
lvl.1
United States

Are the new pano modes still not available for the Phantom 4 Pro+ remote controller with the built-in display? Is it possible to somehow connect an iPad / iPhone to the remote controller to perform panorama collection with the DJI GO app on iOS?
2018-4-4
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

mountainpilot Posted at 2018-4-4 20:43
Are the new pano modes still not available for the Phantom 4 Pro+ remote controller with the built-in display? Is it possible to somehow connect an iPad / iPhone to the remote controller to perform panorama collection with the DJI GO app on iOS?

Yes the pano modes are now implemented on the + too, you need the latest firmware on both RC and AC and find the pano in the camera settings, it look like this.

No we still can't connect other devices to the + RC.
2018-4-4
Use props
mountainpilot
lvl.1
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-4 21:39
Yes the pano modes are now implemented on the + too, you need the latest firmware on both RC and AC and find the pano in the camera settings, it look like this.

No we still can't connect other devices to the + RC.

Thanks @KedDK - I _thought_ I had updated the firmware on both but I'll check again. It's good to know that this should be doable.

FYI looks like the link you included is bad.
2018-4-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

mountainpilot Posted at 2018-4-5 10:23
Thanks @KedDK - I _thought_ I had updated the firmware on both but I'll check again. It's good to know that this should be doable.

FYI looks like the link you included is bad.

yes sorry for the link, the forum has a bug at the moment, you can remove the two ''amp;'' codes in the url to see the right page.

Best luck for getting it all working.

Edit: Here is a working link to the thread, scroll down to post #7 to see the right pictures : https://forum.dji.com/thread-142809-1-1.html
2018-4-5
Use props
box361\
New
United States

Newbie  here....
Where is the app that I should download for my Phantom 4 DJI
2018-4-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

box361\@frontier Posted at 2018-4-27 06:40
Newbie  here....
Where is the app that I should download for my Phantom 4 DJI

Hopefully you have it figured out by now, i think the manual give some clues.  From the information you provide guess we can only answer: You'll download the DJI Go4 App from your Appstore provider.
2018-4-29
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3684 ft
United Kingdom

Sadly DJI firmware is more about luring you with new tidbits whilst removing a lot of other functionality. With this firmware your D-LOG will be restricted to lowest ISO of 500... and also you cannot fly above 500ft in altitude. How is this supposed to be in any way usable by PROFESSIONALS? Hmmm. What about the wonky horizon issue, was this fixed with this firmware. NO IT WASNT.
Seriously DJI you are ruining the experience for flyers with regulations stuff that is not required by law and nobody forced you to do. STOP RUINING DRONES WITH THIS CRAPWARE.
2018-6-3
Use props
djiuser_5H0CD2AAWRnt
lvl.3
United States

How do I know know RID is working?

I installed new DJI Go 4 and updated the firmware.   All checks out.   But I can't tell where the RID info is in the DJI Go 4 app is.  There is a section called AeroScope that appears new but I thought DJI discontinued that.  

I used Drone Scanner app to see if my drone showed up and it does not.

Not sure if this is working or not.
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_5H0CD2AAWRnt Posted at 11-24 16:54
How do I know know RID is working?

I installed new DJI Go 4 and updated the firmware.   All checks out.   But I can't tell where the RID info is in the DJI Go 4 app is.  There is a section called AeroScope that appears new but I thought DJI discontinued that.  

Hi there, You can use the remote controller to control the drone to start the motors, then use the WLAN of your cell phone or tablet to scan the Remote ID serial number broadcast by the drone at a location close to the drone. If you can see a string always prefixed with “RID-” followed by a 20-digit alphanumeric Remote ID serial number in the "Available networks", it means that the Remote ID is broadcast properly. Have a nice day.
2023-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules