1482 16 2015-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dlew21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI continues to dissapoint.  Still no replacement parts/cameras, still no support, still no updates on my camera repair.
3 gigs/jobs lost and/or delayed.  I will never use DJI again for drones.  If customer service was in touch with me, then yes, I probably would endure this, however complete radio silence.  Just waiting.....and waiting........
If anyone in the community is parting out their gear and have a spare camera please let me kmow.

the Inspire 1 is no doubt (when working) a neat little trick....  However DJI is not.   Truly the worst experience I've had with any company in my entire life.
That's not hyperbole or hype, that's just the truth.    It's amazingly frustrating that I've spent so much money with one company (Ronin. phantoms, gimbals, RC, Inspire) and this is happening.  This is a bad nightmare that has no end in sight.
2015-4-18
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

It's frustrating for sure!

The reality is that for professional use cases, DJI just doesn't have the technology, support or communication capabilities in place that are needed. The marketing is a good 2-3 years ahead of the rest of the company. For reliable and consistent flight ops, you need to be looking at a much higher end platform.

Microdrones and Ascending Technologies are two that I've seen used in commercial applications - very high end gear that is flight capable in almost any weather and environment. You pay for that level of engineering however! Check out this awesome quad -> http://www.microdrones.com/en/products/md4-3000/at-a-glance/

You're looking at $AU150,000 + for a bird like this - BIG money for a versatile and reliable tool. They crossed the alps with it's little brother!

2015-4-18
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-4-18 22:36
It's frustrating for sure!

The reality is that for professional use cases, DJI just doesn't have th ...

Doesn't seem like they are available for purchase
2015-4-18
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

Check little brother out then.

http://www.microdrones.com/en/products/md4-1000/at-a-glance/
2015-4-18
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Nice Drones...But we are not their target market...They are after Govt types that can afford to be lavish with our Tax Dollars...For the rest of us...DJI or other facsimiles...
2015-4-18
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

Nope, used by Contractors to the mining and utilities sector.
Visual/thermal inspections of heavy plant, pipelines, big civil assets and power infrastructure.

Used by emergency services in some countries, and DHL used the md4-1000 for their package delivery trials.
I've had a team flying these at work, awesome rig!
2015-4-19
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

DJI continues to dissapoint.  Still no replacement parts/cameras, still no support, still no updates on my camera repair.
3 gigs/jobs lost and/or delayed.  I will never use DJI again for drones.  If customer service was in touch with me, then yes, I probably would endure this, however complete radio silence.  Just waiting.....and waiting........
If anyone in the community is parting out their gear and have a spare camera please let me kmow.

Same is here. I'm waiting for 5 weeks now and counting for my camera replacement.
My camera worked for 3 sort flight and died.
I'm lacky to be handled by a good customer service person now that make a real effort to help me get my replacement as fast as possible. I hope that it will be over soon.
2015-4-19
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-4-18 22:42
Doesn't seem like they are available for purchase

Well you need to look up djis professional customers then ,quite impressive to say the least.
And for the money way ahead of the pack.
2015-4-19
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-4-20 00:27
Well you need to look up djis professional customers then ,quite impressive to say the least.
And ...

I'm not sure what you mean?   I am a professional customer and work for a major organization that staffs well over  5 thousand people.    I didn't feel the need to boast my qualifications to get good service!!
2015-4-19
Use props
ScottGunn
lvl.2

United States

I completely agree with your statements.  They produced a good craft (with some expected launch issues).  The problem most owners have is the almost complete lack of communication and customer service.  Nothing will upset owners more than serious issues that are voiced being ignored.  

One issue is the promised waypoints.  DJI has changed the status numerous times, and now just says it may be added sometime in the future.  When at first it was stated it would be added in 2-3 months (5-6 months ago), that is a huge issue.  Many people made the decision to purchase the Inspire because they were assured waypoints would be added soon, now there is no guarantee they will ever be added and there is no statements from DJI to clear it up.
2015-4-19
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

"complete lack of communication and customer service."

I love my Inspire1. But my next purchase will NOT be from DJI due to their absolute disregard for customer service. To spend as much money as DJI customers invest and to offer ZERO customer service is a disgrace and an insult.
2015-4-20
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

I agree the customer service has a lot to be desired, but if you do this for a living you need at least two platforms so that when one goes down you are not left high and dry.
2015-4-20
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-4-20 04:48
I'm not sure what you mean?   I am a professional customer and work for a major organization that  ...

Just saying dji does have a reasonably professional customer list .. Or at least thier dealers do.
and I do see your point on some of the not so good service ,relations , and a few promises of features.
Plenty of professional film crews have and are using the Dji s1000 , 800  , the Ronin ... Guess I've just not had to deal with China for my phantoms or my inspire , my dealer on the west coast is excellent .. I do all my custom work on my birds myself  and use what works for me. Like some one else posted for what your looking for in a uav and what it can do your going to need to spend a great deal more for a true dedicated system which then you the professional can program the flight control systems any way you like and add the systems you'd like it to carry ..it's all available but your going to spend some real coin $$$$ ok then good luck to you hope it works out ..
2015-4-20
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

This set of statements is incorrect as of your original date of posting (April 18th 2015). Please refer to http://www.helipal.com/djinsp-40 ... nd-camera-unit.html

A replacement camera is certainly available. I find DJI's customer support fine.
2015-4-20
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-4-21 07:42
This set of statements is incorrect as of your original date of posting (April 18th 2015). Please re ...

@Mike-the-cat  That's great that you found them at this site as these replacement parts are trickling in..  I think you are missing the point however....  The people that have spoke out on this forum want customer service from DJI, NOT 3rd party dealers to supply them with parts that were or are defective..  I also found a replacement camera.   That's is all good and well, however it took two weeks to find any dealer with the camera available (and Heli themselves recently got this replacement and dealers on Ebay are putting prices to 600 dollars because of shortages).   Again, NOT the point.   I have still yet to hear from DJI about replacement parts..   
I am very happy for those who have had a good experience.   After all that's what we all want.  Not here to argue but share my experience.
2015-4-21
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-4-21 07:15
Just saying dji does have a reasonably professional customer list .. Or at least thier dealers do. ...

@daver/m  good points however if DJI is going to make a prosumer product they need to have prosumer tech service.   I DID get good support with the Ronin staff.  They literally helped me the day of my problem..  So I do think the infrastructure is ok in some departments... Hopefully they can straighten out and educate newer members of tech support and offer firm dates on their prosumer lines (launches and issues) like the Inspire1 which I deem a notch above the phantom line and below the s-series line.  The s- series with exception to the s-800  seems to have to have a decent support record.  Again,  the point that people on this forum are making has to do with the Inspire1 line and the Tech support that is offered by DJI...  I think some people have accidentally posted here about other topics.  Also, I really don't care who is on there customer list.  I am on there customer list and until I get good service then I'm going to keep letting everyone know that there is a major issues with the Inspire 1 tech support.   There "customer list" has NOTHING to do with anything at all....... I mean nothing.
2015-4-21
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-4-22 03:43
@daver/m  good points however if DJI is going to make a prosumer product they need to have prosumer ...

Very good then .
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules