new and foolish flyer - Dead Gimbal - HELP
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Traveller69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 971 ft
United States

If anyone is feeling generous - this noobie fly got himself a pickle of an issue.  I just got (yippee xmas gift) a phantom 4 Advanced + and absolutly lot it.  I was able to take 3-4 very short maiden "hovers". I kept the altitude about 20-30ft, did small test then back to look at my footage.  Everything seemed ok.  I have the lastest firmware - everything up to date....BUT my bird tipped over on a SOFT but tall grass landing.  OMG i mean soft landing - it just tipped and immidiatly error on GIMBAL overload.... Now no matter what I do the gimal is not responsive ?..I did everyting I could read about - manually checked all cables and ensured it was "free moving". did ginbal calibration - which completed with no error but gimbal did not move at all?   Even did a IMU - no change. It does "try" to do something on startup - and it will go to horizontal/up down like its trying to reset. THen it points straight down and up at a 45 deg tilt and stays there. It does not respond to any remote commands.
Nothing I do can get it back to horizontal?  What can I try - Can i do a hard factory reset - even to an earlier firmware - I remember when i first started it up i had to update the bird.  can I roll that back or re-flash somehow - It seems more like a software issue then a mechanical one?  Maybe im wrong? Please any thoughts - I love the way this guy flys even just using it a short few times.  HELP.  

Or do I already have to send it in after the softest landing ever (tipped when I tried to relaunch after landing on lawn grass btw) if its that sensitive and CANT be reset by me - ill have to consider how to use my gift in the future - maybe care a plywood landing pad box?

anything please?  I cant even find the older firmware to try a rollback and reinstall?

Scott W. (Traveller69)
2017-12-26
Use props
Tom24nh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174239 ft
United States

check to make sure all cable are in and secured
2017-12-26
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

I know this sounds silly, but the first few times I flew I didn't see that soft gimbal guard that you're suppose to remove at the top of the gimbal housing.  Aside from that there is a "calibrate gimbal" setting in the advanced functions of the settings on your DJI Go app.
2017-12-26
Use props
Traveller69
lvl.1
United States

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-12-26 17:46
I know this sounds silly, but the first few times I flew I didn't see that soft gimbal guard that you're suppose to remove at the top of the gimbal housing.  Aside from that there is a "calibrate gimbal" setting in the advanced functions of the settings on your DJI Go app.

Yeah I made sure it was removed before i powered up the unit - and i did a calibrate but still same issue - I will go to true horizontal for a short time but wont stay there nor do i have any remote control of the gimble
2017-12-27
Use props
Traveller69
lvl.1
United States

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-12-26 17:46
I know this sounds silly, but the first few times I flew I didn't see that soft gimbal guard that you're suppose to remove at the top of the gimbal housing.  Aside from that there is a "calibrate gimbal" setting in the advanced functions of the settings on your DJI Go app.

Thankx - tried that too - lol im pulling my hair out - my new fantasic xmas present is limping? grrrr
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules