Gimble failure - Possible hardware issue?
585 4 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Traveller69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 971 ft
United States

I need to know what i can do next - including shipping back for service - my Phanton 4Advanced + landed on soft lawn grass and relaunched but tipped and i got a message GIMBLE OVERLOAD - I have done every reset and callibration possible - except reload of firmware (cant figure out how to do that yet) the gimble is "lazy" and i have no control on the remote.  After a reboot of the bird - it cycles to horizontal but does not stay there - recalibrate gimble option does not move the gimble at all but it completes with zero errors?  Help? what can I do now - the device is 8 days old and i have flown it 4 times?
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, for most gimbal overload cases, I would suggest that user makes sure that the gimbal clamp has removed, and try to restart the drone for several times coz it might be a false warning. But in your case, since there may be a damage to the gimbal, if the two steps above don't help, I recommend that you send it back and we will help to take care of it.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-12-27
Use props
Traveller69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 971 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-27 18:37
Hi there, for most gimbal overload cases, I would suggest that user makes sure that the gimbal clamp has removed, and try to restart the drone for several times coz it might be a false warning. But in your case, since there may be a damage to the gimbal, if the two steps above don't help, I recommend that you send it back and we will help to take care of it.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

ughh - im really hoping something can be done - ill fill in the link - it might have 45min of actual flight time  - and to have it damaged cause of a tip over on grass during re-takoff.  It was a gift and my hope is its something simple - BTW - I tried to refresh the firmware this morning and now it fails at 60% - I have the the error codes - should i include them as well.. should i buy the extra protection plan?  its so new not sure its covered under warranty?  i want to thank you for getting back to me - i really really want my xmas gift working....
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Traveller69 Posted at 2017-12-28 08:21
ughh - im really hoping something can be done - ill fill in the link - it might have 45min of actual flight time  - and to have it damaged cause of a tip over on grass during re-takoff.  It was a gift and my hope is its something simple - BTW - I tried to refresh the firmware this morning and now it fails at 60% - I have the the error codes - should i include them as well.. should i buy the extra protection plan?  its so new not sure its covered under warranty?  i want to thank you for getting back to me - i really really want my xmas gift working....

I am sorry for the inconvenience, our engineers will diagnose it when we receive the drone, if it is a warranty case, you won't need to pay the repair fee. And I think you can purchase a DJI Care Refresh, you can learn more details about it on this page. You can purchase it when it finished the repair and you receive the shipping info via the email.
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, I had received your PM, sorry for the late reply due to the day off. Had you sent it in? If there is no problem with the RC, you can keep the RC and just send in the drone. Thank you for your patience.
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules