Spark Remote Powers off during flights. Hard to turn back on too.
830 6 2017-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mav2u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12208 ft
United States

I got this Spark for Xmas.  Fly more package in Lime Green.  Opened on 12/24/2017, charged and updated to all current Firmware using DJI Assitant 2 on my Mac and using the DJI GO 4 app on my Iphone.  Firmware photos posted in this thread for reference.  I tested the drone out in my large living room and noticed it turned off once but thought maybe I did something wrong.  So did two hover and low level movement flights on the two batteries to discharge them down per instructions.  Connected the Iphone 7 running current IOS11.2.1 via Wifi to the SPark controller on second battery run to see how the app worked.

Took it out the next day 12/25/2017, had several times the remote just turned off while flying around outside.  Sometimes took several times to get any response from the power button to do anything, and then it would power on, then three seconds later power back off.  Once I did get it to power on, it would finally reconnect with the drone so I could control it again and land it.  Tried it with both batteries and had same results with the Spark.  Didn't matter if Iphone with app was used or not.

Tested it again last night in the house where I could just hover the Spark a foot of the ground and video the remote to see what was happening.  Got the footage of it powering off. I'll link to the footage in this post below.  Have footage of the troubled power back on after the power off if needed.  Submitted Tech help to DJI on 12/26/27 with flight logs but not sure what that'll show as it just shows the signal dropping off as the remote just powers off.  

IF I can provide any other footage or info let me know.  I'm thinking this remote is messed up somehow.

Thanks!

Video footage of remote control just powering off while connected to Spark for no reason.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8xxnt9qb7f7hi5/File%20Dec%2027%2C%204%2051%2030%20PM.mov?dl=0

Photos of the firmware on the devices.

2017-12-27
Use props
Mav2u
lvl.1
United States

Photos of the firmware on the devices.
Firmware Photo

This software for this forum is horrendous.  Can't even edit my original post?
2017-12-27
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mav2u Posted at 2017-12-27 15:17
Photos of the firmware on the devices.
Firmware Photo

Sounds like you got a bad remote. I have never had this happen.
The app has crashed, but I still had control of the AC through the remote.
You can edit any of your own posts. Edit button at lower right.
2017-12-27
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

RC turning off by itself is a serious issue.  Would recommend to get to your local distributor to uphold your warranty claim.
2017-12-27
Use props
Mav2u
lvl.1
United States

S.J Posted at 2017-12-27 20:54
RC turning off by itself is a serious issue.  Would recommend to get to your local distributor to uphold your warranty claim.

I formatted sd card and did the remote to Spark connect steps again.  After doing this the Spark has flown to indoor flights with no disconnects.  I have to go outside yet to try it again.  But the remote seems to be acting like it should so far.

I'll update as it goes.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll get done early enough before it is dark out to fly it.
2018-1-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you have home point recorded and checked, before taking off.
Cause remote off should start the RTH routine
2018-1-1
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-1 17:13
Make sure you have home point recorded and checked, before taking off.
Cause remote off should start the RTH routine

yes,  the home point recording mus be done to ensure that the SPARK returns home in any flight conditions.
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules