Can't enable obstacle detection and gesture control in DJI GO
1848 8 2017-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Camoux
New
France

Hi

I can't enable (the button doesn't turn green) the obstacle detection or gesture control in DJI Go app (even if my spark is connected to the remote control and remote control to my phone (otg cable) )

In the same time, it seems that obstacle dectection works because on static position (spark 2 m high fromthe ground) the alarm sounds if I come to the front of the spark (and give a distance 3, 2, 1 m..) and shows it on the phone screen...

I was able to "palm launch" but the spark do not enter in gesture control mode (it did not recognize me or my hand)....

someone could tell me what's wrong ?

I ugraded the last version of DJI GO 4 this morning... (but I didn't try to enable anything before, with previous versions)... "Santa Claus" came with this Spark few days ago...

thanks

2017-12-28
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

OTG cable is not recommended to do a  functional logic into SPARK
2017-12-28
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried gesture without rc and phone?
2017-12-28
Use props
Camoux
New
France

Hi

Thanks a lot for'your answers. I just tried tôconnect directly my spark with the phone... And then it works.. (But I had to reset, reboot, the wifi of the spark to do that)

With direct connexion with the phone, the 2 buttons were green (so the functions enable)

Strange... A bug in the app (when connected with RC controller) ??

I will make tests and give a feed back on this forum.
2017-12-28
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Otg  is problematc.
Used to work but now.....
2017-12-28
Use props
Camoux
New
France

Hi

You were right both of you, S.J and Bright Spark.
The problem is definitly the OTG cable.

With OTG cable you do not have access to some options, including automatique landing (in gray on the screen). the button under take off button, for exemple.

With OTC cable, not possible (apparently) to enable gesture controls and obstacle detection.

Without OTG (wifi connexion) yes. and then... you have access, back, to the automatique landing (the button turn back to white and the function works again)

well... I will have to look more in details about that (maybe a problem with the OTG cable... but I don't think so).

and with wifi connexion to the RC, I was able to use gesture control with the spark, this time (it worked, it recongized my face and my hand)

It could be great to have a feed back of DJI about that.

2017-12-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

There are hundreds of posts on this, please read a bit through the forum. OTG doesn't work with the curent app versions but it will come back hopefully soon.
2017-12-28
Use props
Camoux
New
France

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-28 08:46
There are hundreds of posts on this, please read a bit through the forum. OTG doesn't work with the curent app versions but it will come back hopefully soon.

Hi Wachtberger

Yes, I realized that... but as you said, there is hundreds of posts about that.
I'm a newbie with Spark and not a computer. So I can't read hundreds of post in a so short time.

I saw hundreds of messages before to get my spark, on the advantages to use an OTG cable (to avoid wifi interferences) so I was really not thinking that the problems in DJI Go app were because of the OTG cable.

in my mind, the question was "why the option doesn't work", not "why the OTG does'nt work".
So I was not looking for OTG topics in the forum. thats why

Thanks to S.J and Bright Spark to oriented me on the right way to find the solution/reason.

So... no more OTG for me until DJI find a solution (if they want to find one).

not a big deal for me.

Only few flights for me, but globally impress by the spark. So much technology in so small device !

Thanks for your message
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. I would recommend you use wifi connection instead. I think our engineers are working hard on it. Hope it can be supported soon. Please use wifi connection now. Thanks for your attention and feedback.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules